Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: is gizmo available/working on e71?

Advisor

is gizmo available/working on e71?

Hi,

around the forum there are several posts claiming gizmo working on an e71 and I've seen it available in Download! on a friend's phone. Nonetheless from nokia.com/betalabs the gizmo application is not reported to be compatible with e71 and also on gizmo5.com there's no mention for this phone. Can anybody confirm if gizmo works on the e71 and which version should be downloaded for an e71? an e90? e51?

thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Hi... Gizmo is working fine for me on my E71 UK model with the latest software 110.07.127

Try a software update and then reinstall Gizmo... remember to back up your phone as a S/W update will wipe all data
Current Device; Nokia E71-1 F/W v200.21.118
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same sw version (just checked) so no update is required which is good since I don't have a windows box.

How did you download gizmo? from Download! ? Can you check from the details what version have you got installed please? I still cannot resolve my Download! problem and I'd very much like to get gizmo going and can't believe that there's a specific version out there that is neither published on betalabs nor gizmo5, so it must be one of the available ones and just not reported to work on the e71. At least I hope so.

thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Hi... my Gizmo came from !Download and is version 3.1.. I would suggest refershing your lists in !Download to get the newest version and try to install it again
Past Devices; Nokia 6220 Classic.. Nokia 6500 Slide.. Nokia 5310 Xpress Music.. Nokia E65.. Nokia 6230i & Many Many More!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

except that my download! is borked as per other thread :/
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

Then I would suggest to backup your files and run a S/W update on your phone even if its the reinstall option as you may have a corrupt file on the device
Please use plain text.
Advisor

bah, I guess that's indeed the most sensible option at this point, even tho reinstalling the whole thing to fix a problem with an application is something I thought I wouldn't had to do again after switching away from windows, which ironically I also depend on to get this done. way to go...

thanks for the help, tho, wish the code was open so I could at least attempt to debug and fix it myself rather than cross my fingers and hit the reset button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
jonas_smith_uk

I can see where you are coming from with this one but it seams like you have exhausted all other options but a S/W update.. yes its a pain in the rear and takes ages to set your phone up again but I am confident it will work.. it seems like the !Download code/app is corrupted somehow..

anyways Good Luck and let me know how u get on

Cheers

Jonas
Please use plain text.