Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia lumia 820 - find my phone not displaying loc...

Registered Member
chethanbhat

nokia lumia 820 - find my phone not displaying locatio

Hello, i bought a nokia Lumia 820 recently. The find my phone feature is not working fully in windowsphone.com website. I have the option to ring, erase and lock phone. But, i don't have the option to "locate" it. Could you please suggest why so? My phone number is updated in the windowsphone.com website. And "location" is turned on in the "settings" app of the windows home screen.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chethanbhat

Re: nokia lumia 820 - find my phone not displaying locatio

Also want to add that the "find my phone" field under settings displays as "off" in my phone, even though i have moved the slider to "on" position. But, i guess this is a software glitch.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: nokia lumia 820 - find my phone not displaying locatio

hi mate,

all that is needed for it to work is for you to have Location turned on in the Settings, and the Find My Phone option present. i don't have an option to turn on Find My Phone, tehre is only options for sending apps to your phone using push notifications, and saving the phone location periodically.

have you ensured that you have all the latest Nokia system apps installed from the Store? and that you have already downloaded and installed the Portico update for Windows Phone 8 if you haven't already done so? if so, then try performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.