Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

pdf reader for nokia 5233

Registered Member
raj08

pdf reader for nokia 5233

can i read pdf files in nokia 5233 .

please mention software if it is free or not

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: pdf reader for nokia 5233

[ Edited ]

Try this (its FREE):http://sourceforge.net/projects/alternatedjvu/files/

Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sheerinjan

salam, plz guide me how to instal adobe pdf reader, or any other pdf reader for my nokia 5233
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

sheerinjan wrote:
salam, plz guide me how to instal adobe pdf reader, or any other pdf reader for my nokia 5233

If you are prepared to pay for such application you could go to http://store.ovi.com/content/2579 on your 5233 and install that way.

As pointed out there is a free .pdf reader with less functionality available at link below:

1) Download International (9.4) (11.3 MB) from this link:http://sourceforge.net/projects/alternatedjvu/files/

2) Decompress .zip folder and select AlternateReader S9.4 1.08 (4) Release International.sisx

3) Send to 5233 by Bluetooth (will arrive in Messaging > Inbox) or connect it to PC in "Mass storage" mode and drag it onto phone.

4) Either tap on "Message" or find file on 5233 by going to Menu > Applications > Office > File Mgr. > find file and tap on it.

As currently writing this on a Mac haven't given you instructions to install via OVI Suite installed on your PC

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ryanso

U must update your software to v. 50 which will give you update of Adobe reader L.E. which will b free for lifetime
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raahul1vj

Hi, I copied the same from PC to mobile. When I tapped on it, it says certification expired. Pl let me know how to upgrade the same.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Set the phone date back by say 2 years (11.07.2009).. Then reboot the phone and install... Once done.. set the correct date again..

Hope this works..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
icenrock

i have install phon s/w v 50.0... But dint got any adobe reader..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suraj24580d

hello! i have try to change the date but it doesnt work.. any solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bertief

Hi Sensei, here is Kohei,

thanks a lot for this great post. It takes a genius to make complicated things simple.

It worked perfect and I even didn't have to reboot the phone. Just waited for the new date to be displayed and it went through fine.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saileshroy2

Sorry !! facing problem...after date change and reboot of my Nokia 5299, the message appears on screen "Certificate expires or your phone date setting is wrong"
Plz help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saileshroy2

Excuse Plz... Nokia 5233 is the target phone.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mtank

It does not work for my 5233):
Please use plain text.