Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

pdf reader in 5800

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

pdf reader in 5800

I have just bought Nokia 5800 express music. But was very disappointed to see that it didn't had document viewer or pdf reader. When I connected to internet, I was able to install document viewer.

But still don't have a pdf reader for this.

Please suggest how can I get a pdf reader for 5800.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: pdf reader in 5800

If you check in the phones Download! application you should see a PDF reader available for download in there.

Unfortunately it's only a 15 day trial as no free PDF readers are available for that model yet.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

ReadManiac is totally free. Occasional internet connection req'd if you're downloading books from the website. But, it's worth a go as it's compatible with the 5800 XpressMusic (nice phone :-))

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

You guys discuss about download document viewer for Nokia Express 5800. I could not find any link that can download this application, can some one here list the link to the download site?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Some network operators require Nokia to remove the Download! application from phones, so it might not be there at all, if your model is obtained from an operator that has required this "customization".

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]
@cplum You can download ReadManiac document viewer at Phoload: http://www.phoload.com/software/40-readmaniac/view
Message Edited by neillynton on 09-Feb-2009 03:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That program isn't very good and doesn't work well on a 5800xm.

At the moment the only way to view fully featured PDFs as they were intended to be viewed is by purchasing the reader.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks guy. Just one question, is this document viewer applicaion could view xls, ppt and doc files?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry mate, I'm not sure it does and apparently it doesn't work too well with the 5800. A last resort could be to convert your .pdfs to .txt using an Adobe online conversion tool and then use ReadManiac to view. But, not an ideal solution. I'd go with the official pdf reader. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

cplum wrote:
Thanks guy. Just one question, is this document viewer applicaion could view xls, ppt and doc files?

If you are wanting to view those files on a 5800 you need the quickoffice viewer.  It's available from the "Download!" app on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The best available option is pdf+ for opening pdf files in full screen. Its available free on net and is best fit for 5800

For other files like xls, doc, ppt etc you need Quick Office.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Do you guys mean I need to connect my phone to internet for download a Quick Office? Or can some one send the link to down load from PC.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Please use plain text.

You can get a free pdf reader for your nokia 5800 from Nokia 5800 Applications heres the blog post: http://freenokia5800applications.blogspot.com/2009/08/pdf-reader-free-nokia-5800-ap.html Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi

I have installed it and when I want to ope a book on pdf it stills tells that it is a non valid file

It is driving me crazy

Thanks

Please use plain text.

Hi Sonia2m, If that pdf reader isnt working try visiting.

Nokia 5800 Applications

They have one there and its working on my 5800 :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.

There are only 5 apps available:

BBC I-Player Nokia 5800 App

Opera Mini Nokia 5800 App

Photoflow Nokia 5800 App

Paint Pad Nokia 5800 App

Calculator Nokia 5800 App

None of the above apps are able to read pdf documents.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

my nokia 5800 came with a PDF reader, Adobe Reader LE v2.5. You can check it out here: Adobe Reader for S60 edition smartphones

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

We can't get it for free???? That's a monopoly then...
Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.