Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

smart connect not working on E72

Sage
Brenzef

smart connect not working on E72

Upgraded the E72 and got smart connect.

I added 2 WLAN access points within the smart connect config and selected the access point "Wifi" (smart connect name) in de browser.

However, the web browser keeps looking for a connection, without results.

Do I make a config error? Someone any ideas?

Thanks.

bigbadbruno

Re: smart connect not working on E72

Hi,

Had the same problem myself. Got over it by adding the WLAN MAC address to the access list on my wifi router. Here's how to get your Nokia E72's MAC address so that you can add it to your wireless network. Key in the following into your phone:

*#62209526#

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

The "Pool of Knowledge" on this forum is there for a reason:

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/E72-and-BirdStep-SmartConnect/m-p/696818

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Contributor
shigeo

Not working for me even after installing the patch!!

Registered Member
e5lover

There's a few settings to check out for. You might have done some of them but I just list them down for your reference.

1. Ctrl Panel -> Settings -> Connections -> Destinations -> Internet (Make sure you put your Wifi here on the Internet settings)

2. Ctrl Panel -> Connect  ->SC  (Where you have already set-up)

3. Internet -> Web -> Options -> Settings -> General -> Access Point: Put your Smart Connect AP here.

Hope this helps.