Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: updated to Nokia Belle now where has my notifi...

swannee1973

updated to Nokia Belle now where has my notifications widget gone!!!

Does anyone know if their is a replacment widget available for nokia belle software for the notifications that I used to have on my previous software on the N8 - this was a fab widget that meant you didnt have to go into your messages to see them and could see who they were from from the home screen. I updated to Belle last night and havent found anything to replace it  which is very frustrating :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: updated to Nokia Belle now where has my notifications widget gone!!!

The widget was removed in favour of the notification panel.
Please use plain text.
swannee1973

mmm but the notifications drop down thing does not compensate for it at all -   it doesnt show you who the message is from unless you actually open it so what exactly is the point of the drop down notification bar - the widget was much better :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I absolutely agree. The notification widget pre-Belle is as good as it gets so I'm a bit miffed as to why it was removed. Hopefully they will release an updated notification widget specifically for Belle.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
scottology

Absolutely ridiculous Nokia! Do you not consult with your customers as to what it is they want? This should be a top priority to re-implement asap

The new pull down tab is no replacement for the old notification widget, which conveniently displayed SMS, missed calls etc giving the user the opportunity to quickly glance at who/what it was and choose whether to open it fully or leave for later, in full knowledge that the information would be visible for later so as not to forget.

This new "NEW MESSAGE" alert which must be answered and gives no indication of what it is about, but takes up the ENTIRE screen, simply adds to the frustration by adding unnecessary steps that are not needed.

Please use plain text.

The new pull down tab is no replacement for the old notification widget, which conveniently displayed SMS, missed calls etc giving the user the opportunity to quickly glance at who/what it was and choose whether to open it fully or leave for later

You said it all.

Unfortunately Nokia will never reimplement the widget. That's their thing!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
teleoase

Is very Bad to delete the Notifications Widget in Belle !
The DropDown bar is not informativ no name no Picture !
The Notifications Widget from Anna was the Best Widget for S3 at Beginning Information with Number Name and Picture !!
Give the Widget back with an update to Belle !!

Regards
Please use plain text.
BDA128

I installed Belle last night and there are a lot of things I miss that were in Anna & the pre Anna OS but the lack of the notifications widget was probably the most significant loss for me. If you Google "Belle notifications widget" there are a LOT of results so clearly there are many people who feel the same way however on sending this to Nokia

I've just upgraded to Belle on my N8. There are some things I like such as the control I now have over Wifi & mobile internet to turn it off such that it won't then automatically reconnect thus allowing better battery life.

However I preferred some of the widgets that existed under Anna and the previous version of the OS such as the integrated clock, date, profile selection widget which is now replaced with a much larger widget that no long features a profile selection option and makes the date much harder to read.

Also I'm very disappointed to see that the notification widget seems to have been removed. I realise this has been replaced with something else however a small icon at the top of the screen is easily missed where as the old notification widget was one that a friend of mine with a Blackberry was immensely envious of as if I'd missed a calendar entry I knew about it instantly when I looked at my phone where as now I need to actively check it each time I look at the phone which I know I won't do so PLEASE can you restore the notification widget.

If widgets can have multiple display options this would also be handy as although I've got 6 screens now on the old system I could display a lot more on a single screen, the calendar for example only displays a single entry where as before I could see upto the next 3 items. Ideally I'd like to be able to increase the size of the calendar widget so that I can have it display more items.

The old music player widget was perfectly sized for me and the new one that takes up half the screen seems a waste of space as it offers no extended functionality over the old option but consumes 3 times the display space. I understand that some may like this however could you please supply the option to switch it between one of the other.

In the case of the email widget it is larger too but the scrolling is a benefit saving me needing to load the full mail app. That said I use multiple mail accounts I like to manage via my N8 which I previously displayed on a single screen however with this widget being so much larger I can't now fit all the accounts on a single screen to allow me to see when each has new mail.

If there are already options to set these things up that I've missed I'd be very grateful if you could tell me how to achieve this. In the case of those that are not already options if you could get them integrated into Belle it would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

In their defense they did get back to me quite quickly, however their response was a prepared response which basically amounted to "we told you you might lose some stuff in the T&Cs" and there was nothing there giving me any useful help. If did however say that feedback would be passed on so I'd suggest that if you have yet to do so you email the support desk and express your dissatisfaction at the loss of the notifications widget which can be done here

https://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/ask-nokia

Please use plain text.