Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: WhatsApp for Nokia asha 201

Registered Member
Aakkiibb
Accepted Solution

whatsapp Nokia asha 200

i want to know that if we upgrade the software of phone then whatsapp will be compatible for nokia asha 200 or it depends on whatsapp version and i hav to wait for that whatsapp version which will be compatible for my phone plz rply fast
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: whatsapp Nokia asha 200

Hi Aakkiibb,

It always helps to have the latest version of your phone's firmware installed, as it helps reliability, performance and such. However, regarding the compatibility of WhatsApp for your device, you will need to contact WhatsApp via their website.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
RJmoni

Hiii plz i request nokia to make such software update so that it can support whatsapp such as asha 201 plzzz
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

as written above, this has nothing to do with Nokia, and has everything to do with WhatsApp themselves, as THEY are the ones that make the choice to develop their app for a particular platform or not. you will need to contact WhatsApp via their communication channels.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: WhatsApp for Nokia asha 201

A good news for all those Nokia Asha 201 users out there. WhatsApp is now compatible with your phone. Happy messaging :smileyhappy:

RJmoni wrote:
Hiii plz i request nokia to make such software update so that it can support whatsapp such as asha 201 plzzz

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Boizkid

Hi! Pls i want nokia to update software so that i can download whatsApp on my asha 200
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nanab

hi pls how do i download whatsapp on my asha 201
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Whatsapp application is not compatible with Asha 200. You can check it here: http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/

For Asha 201, you can download the said application from the Nokia Store. There are two ways for you to download it:

1. Using your mobile phone - Open the Nokia Store > log in to your Nokia account > look for the application > select Download.

2. Using a computer - After downloading the Nokia Suite from this link: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite > connect your phone to the computer using USB cable > open the Nokia Suite > log in to your Nokia account > go to the Nokia Store icon > look for the application > click on Download.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scala

How do I get whatsapp on Nokia Asha 201?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi Scala, please refer to the post of Aleisha11 which is just above yours to get the application for your device.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PopeyeInFb

I Need Help Form U All.... Tat Is I Need Messaging AppS For Nokia Asha 200 Including Watsapp.... Plz Say Me Any1
KamIsBack
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjsaraf

Downloaded whatsapp 2.10.3 on my nokia 200
running smooth
just want notification enabled from software update
Please use plain text.
nishikel

Downloaded whatsapp 2.10.3 on my nokia 200
running smooth
just want notification enabled from software update
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zahira

my nokia asa 200 problematic

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zahira

i have sofware but the problem persists, if on only 5 minutes outomatycally shutt off again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daniel2k

if you want me to send you the link on where to download whatsapp for any asha phone dual or single. Inbox me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aksk

hi, I wanted to know when new nokia asha 210 supporting whatsapp then, why asha 200 does not supporting it, asha 200 has the same specification as asha 210, then whats the problem, I know gonna say talk to whatsapp, but we are using nokia and its you duty to resolve your customers query rether playing blame game, stop all this blaming whatsapp.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

aksk, obviously, it is not possible, otherwise WhatsApp would love to support your phone. The Nokia 200 is based on a stripped down variant of the Nokia Series 40 operating system. Many features are missing. Perhaps one of these features are required by WhatsApp, as well. It does not work. Try yourself and go for www.whatsapp.com/s40/WhatsApp.jad

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjsaraf

download whatsapp.jad of 5 kb from 9apps from asha 200
update the version
start the app
stop chat or social
say jai ganeshji
it will take time for 1st time
the only problem - will not run in background
then dance on lungi dance.