Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: whatsapp version 2.8.6 crashing

Registered Member
rahul1087

whatsapp version 2.8.6 crashing

hey guys, i recently installed whatsapp version 2.8.6 on my symbian belle N8.....it started smoothley but whenever i try to look up into my contacts, its craches and come out to home screen...need to again start up whatsapp altogether...pls provide ny solution to it!! :smileyhappy: thanx :smileyvery-happy:

Counsellor
kmk7

Hello rahul1087 thanks for the post and welcome to Nokia Discussions. We are sorry to here that you are experiencing problem with your device. May be your device needs reinstalling of SW(software). Try reinstalling your phones software through Nokia Suite. which you can download from here. Thanks :smileyhappy:

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi rahul1087,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

Please delete Whatsapp off your phone by long pressing the application and pressing Delete. Restart the phone and reinstall the application by opening your Nokia Store. You can redownload the application via the My Stuff section.

If the above doesn't work, delete the application again and perform a hard reset and a software update before reinstalling the app to resolve the issue.

Connect your phone to Nokia Suite and make a back up via Tools > Back up. Don't tick the Settings box. Disconnect the phone from Nokia Suite when you have created the back up and enter *#7370# into your phone, the default security code is 12345 unless you have changed this code yourself. 

Now reconnect with Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow where an update will be listed. If no update is shown please reinstall the current software, this option will be displayed in blue. Once the phone has rebooted, go to Tools > Restore to restore the back up onto your phone, then reinstall Whatsapp once more as indicated above. 

This should resolve any failure from the application itself or your phone's software. Please keep me update on your progress.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Registered Member
simonsaniker

This did not work for me sir! :/ very disturbed. Whatsapp still keeps crashing. mine is a Nokia 5530 Xpress Music