Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

5800 xpressmusic touchscreen problem

Hi friends. I hav Nokia 5800 xpressmusic.I hav a problem with touchscreen mostly with buttons...Whenever i'm pressing 1 button on screen its automatically getting act on other button....I can't even msg n call any1 in my contact list becoz of this problem.Is any virus in my cell????

Shall i use any antivirus to solve this problem???????

PLZ HELP ME 

Re: 5800 xpressmusic touchscreen problem

I think "Touch Screen calibration" feature can solve your problem. You may like to perform following steps:

1.   Go to Settings

2.   Go to Phone

3.   Go to Touch input

4.   Then as a last option on the list, you can launch "Touch Screen Calibration"

If above does not resolve the problem, let me know, there may be some other solution, which can be explored.

Yes your matrix is moved. Use the touch screen calibration and it will reset it and you will be able to touch the normal buttons again.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

And if that doesn't solve the problem then it's a hardware fault and your phone needs servicing. S60v3 and later phones don't get viruses.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Registered Member

[ Edited ]

Hi my 5800 touchscreen is broken and i need to know how much does a genuine nokia touchscreen would cost bcoz each repair shop tells me a diff rate and how do i identify whether it is a original product

Moderator note: E-mail address removed.
Message Edited by wildreamer on 17-Dec-2009 04:08 PM
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Take your phone into a Nokia Care Point and it will be a genuine part that's fitted into your phone.

DIY repairs cannot be discussed here because they void the warranty.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Registered Member

On touching left side of screen the phone nokia 5800 express music selects the right side buttons, this happens a lot of time and gets corrected on its own and again dysfunction on its own.

I have tried upgrading of software as advised by Nokia, by Nokia, restarting, formatting and of course screen calibration many times, but nothing has worked.

services of Nokia Care are pathetic, they keep your phone for repairs for months and return it more damaged.

Can any body suggest 

Registered Member

I have the same problem of above (rajgoel).

I had the phone for 11 months and still in a mint condition.

It's really becoming frustrating and have no idea what to do.

Any help please??

Finally I went to Nokia care & changed my Touchpad.

The cost of touchpad with service was little high Rs.2500 but my 5800 is working perfectly now :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
desire05

hey

i got my nokia touchscreen replaced a couple days ago but wherever i pressed on the screen it came up in another area. i tried touch screen calibiration and it didnt work. i also tried updating the firmware. the person who repaired it said that it most likely is a software problem could you give me any tips on what it might be? 

konathamajay

hi guys..i have a strange problem with my nokia 5800(RM 356, v50.0.005)..when some thing hits at the left hand side of the phone, it gets switch off..i bought this phone in india..but from the past 1.5 years im in melbourne(australia).when i approached to the nokia care in melbourne, they told me that its a software problem, and they need to re install the original firmware..but they told me that as it is a mobile purchased in india, they cannot do it with the australian firmware.

so dont know wat to do now!!!!! can any one suggest me how to get my most loved 5800 back into action.

Thanks,

Regards

@j@y

jaybeecz

And I also have problem mentioned above (sgouder), so sometimes I can't touch the buttons I want and always the button on the right of the screen in that line is pushed (e.g. number 3 is pushed  when I try to press number 1 when dialing number). Same on the whole screen (error stills same with change of orientation of display). This behaviour in the beginging happened only sometimes, now is very often and occuring especially when I have phone in pocket and unlock it. I have to lock and unlock it for several times until the problem is gone. Sometimes the problem also appears after few touches after unlocking (I can go into writing SMS and there it happened). I also experienced that it can be connected with gyroscope (sometimes only rotation of diaplay and back helps, but not often). Unfortunatelly there is no more warranty on my phone (water accident), but the touchscreen was replaced after this accident for the new one. I hope the error is only in the touch display.

Registered Member
Iruvathraya

The root cause of this problem is "Paint pad" application or similar applications like "scribble".

To resolve this issue... Take the back up of all your data and reset your phone.

-Dial *#7370#.

-It will ask for the lock code. The default lock code is 12345.

This will format your phone's internal memory and reset all the settings. Whatever is the s/w version you previously installed or updated is maintained but settings are reset. 

Ta-daaa... Your phone is as good as brand new(except for the scratches off course :smileywink:).

Don't forget to perform the "Touch screen calibration" (settings>Phone>Touch Input>Touch screen calibration)

You'll no more face touch screen calibration problem unless u install the paint application again.