Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C7 Video Player Problem after upgrading to Sym...

Contributor
GoldiNerkar

C7 Video Player Problem after upgrading to Symbian Anna

[ Edited ]

I have updated my C7 to symbian anna ( v 22.0014 ) , got all 4 update packs installed . But video player can't play the videos completely, it plays them upto half & then stops with a error message " Unable to play media clip ".

These videos are converted according to c7  & played nicely before the anna .Same thing happens to the videos downloaded from ovi store .

Any solution ? or the way to go back to the old video player from v 14.02 ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

Re: C7 Video Player Problem after upgrading to Symbian Anna

Are some of the clips from your pc?
Or are they all from Ovi?
Try deleting a bad one and re-downloading it, you may have to delete all of them and start again, you could also try re-installing the software via the OVI suite.

Hope im helping

Cheers
"Freedom is the only way, yeah!"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GoldiNerkar

[ Edited ]

Some Clips from pc conveted for c7 , some are recorded with c7 & some are from ovi.. And which software to reinstall from ovi ? Is that the default video player ? If so can you give its page link ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

No sorry i meant you may have to remove all the videos from your phone and try to add them again.
If i was you i would:
Back up the videos i had to my pc.
Re-install the software via OVI suite.
Then try putting one video on the phone and seeing how i went.

The problem is either with the software or a specific corrupted video causing the entire video directory not to read properly.

Try that see how you go.

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GoldiNerkar

I already reinstalled 3 times & from nokia care too but problem is still there . But will go for another reinstall .& report back .

If NOKIA Developers is listening then please give a way to get back to previous firmware which is way better than this anna.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

So even The care center could not get it to work?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GoldiNerkar

@jamesvini reinstalled the anna firmware then readded videos 1 by 1 & viewed each completely , now there is no problem to these videos if i forwarded them or revers.Only sound ends before video ends.

But if added a new video & during its first play if i forward or reverse it the the error message comes .

Is there any way to get the Video Player from old firmware v 14.002 .

Please use plain text.
Sage
jamesvini

As far as i know, there is not.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mujepk

i have update my c7 00 . 4 pack are updated .but not support mp4 format.error msg is not support this format. my old version is support mp4 video.pls any solution
Please use plain text.