Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Downloading photos from phone to PC

Registered Member
rangioz
Accepted Solution

Downloading photos from phone to PC

Have a 2730 classic phone.  I've several pics I've taken over time on the phone and was thinking I should download them to my PC.  Haven't a clue how to do this.  I have no USB connector or anything like that, as far as I know, all I have in the original box are the earphones.  Can anyone help please like do I need to purchase anything or is the process quite simple.  I probably sound a complete idiot as everybody seems to download them ok - I had asked my son in law and he said to use my camera USB to download them but it wouldn't recognise the format or whatever.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You can connect the phone to PC by buying a compatible USB Cable (CA-101) or an USB Bluetooth Dongle ( to make your PC Bluetooth enabled if its not already..) Then you can browse the phone drives thru' Windows Explorer..Copy-Paste the photos to PC..You may also use the Sync function in OVI Suite to do that..

One more option is to send the photos thru' e-mail..( may be expensive if you do not have unlimited data plan..).. and also required will be setting up e-mail mailbox.. on the phone..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prettygurrly

hello,

i've an extension on the query above. i can connect my PC to my phone perfectly well using bluetooth but if i try to send a photo from my phone to the pc the phone says that "service is not supported by other device". I can easily send photos from PC to phone but not other way round. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Yes, that issue is reported in many threads on this Forum ..

You may browse for the Photo in your phone thru' Windows Explorer. Then Copy - Paste to the required folder on youre PC...

..or you may use the Sync function in the OVI Suite..

Please use plain text.