Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Dvd to X6

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Dvd to X6

Hi my son has a short dvd he want to put on his X6 but we do not know how to please can some one tell us?

The file system of the dvd when i click on properties is LDF if this helps.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Pash01,

Thanks for your post.

In order to make your DVD compatible and to be played on your X6 device you will need a 3rd party application which will rip and the decrypt the DVD. Then you will need need an application which will then encode this to a file type your device will play. After that its just a matter of transferring that file onto your device. You can get applications which will do this all in one

You can look at the file types supported by your device on the link below:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/X6-00/

Also just want to make you aware that unless it is your own personal DVD (which you've stated it is) just need to let you know that ripping commercial DVD's is in breach of copyright so please be aware of this.

You can find these applications on the internet readily available some are free, some need to paid for.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi Raoul

can you recomend a 3rd party application and the other application that i will need.

#Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

pash01 wrote:

Hi Raoul

can you recomend a 3rd party application and the other application that i will need.

#Thanks

You can try DVDFab trial version. It will rip the dvd and convert it to a friendly format for your phone.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thanks i will give it a go
Please use plain text.