Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Help me if u Can play Youtube videos on X2-01?...

Sage
Extreme_farabi

Help me if u Can play Youtube videos on X2-01?.?.?.?.?

I am not able to play Youtube videos on my x2-01...is anyone able to play youtube videos yet on this phone?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
piyushngh

Re: Help me if u Can play Youtube videos on X2-01?.?.?.?.?

please tell how can i recived youtube srttings
Please use plain text.
joyasaim

utube not play my cell nokia x2-01
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts on this.

Check that the loading of the flash content is allowed in the web browser settings in Options > Settings > Page > Load content.

The following options are available in this setting:

All
Images (no Flash)
Text only

Check that "All" is selected to allow loading of the flash video objects.
If the problem persists, check if the loading of the flash content succeeds when using WiFi (WLAN) access point or another cellular access point. When using a cellular access point, the operator may block the video streaming through the access point.
Note that the flash content may not be properly played if the content version is newer than what the flash player in your device can support. . Check also if there is an alternative web site available which is optimized for mobile devices (e.g. in case of YouTube, you can use the mobile site http://m.youtube.com instead of the desktop optimized site).

Also Check that you have the latest phone software installed in your device. You can update over the air (OTA) or via Nokia Suite.
Be sure to back up data before accepting a update.Back up can be done once again using Nokia suite which you can download on the link below:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite

During the software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the update is completed and the device is restarted.

To manually update the phone SW via the phone menu:

Select Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone updates.
Select Current softw.details (or Current sw details) to see the current software version.
Select Downl. phone softw. (or Downl. phone software) to download and install a phone software update (if an update is available). Select Packet data as Connection type. Follow the instructions on the display.
Select Install softw. update (or Install software update) to start the installation, if you cancelled the installation after the download, the software update may take several minutes.
Select SW update provider to get information about the provider
Select Auto sw update (or Automatic SW update) to set how often phone checks automatically whether there is a new sw available.
Notes:

If during the OTA software update your phone turns off due to lack of battery power or the battery was removed, the OTA software update will resume where it left off after you charge / re-insert the battery and turn the phone back on.
Calls received during the OTA update will be forwarded to voicemail.

The OTA software update will not cause phone malfunctions in normal cases.
If you postpone (Install Later) the OTA software update request, you will receive the OTA message again after every phone reboot or when connecting the charger with the phone turned on. If you reject (Discard), later you can update manually via Phone updates menu.
If there are problems with the download or installation, contact your service provider.

The current latest version for this device is 8.70. Please note that the latest software version may not be available for your device, and the benefits listed may not be available to you, or be available in selected countries.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mahmood7771

my mobile has the latest software installed.

i couldn't find "the web browser settings-option",as u have mentioned.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Love1526

No options are available in x2-01 as mentioned above..but guyz u can go to music player-options-downloads-streaming settings & select acess point from there..if no acess point there..then call u'r operator 4 streaming settings..hope this helps..cheers...!
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

download youtube videos then play from memory. (tip: while going to stream a video, replace'www.' with 'ss' and eu wil hav downld option)
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
ma3696

Connection vido strming in nokia x2-01
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AkshDey

i use youtube on daily basis on X2-01. It streams without any buffering. Just use the proper settings. Creat a valid streaming access point. Thats it.
Please use plain text.
Ed_par

Can you give me settings for x2-01 stream settings,i couldn't play youtube on my mobile..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rangolikiduniya

Not play you tube video
Please use plain text.