Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Home screen:feature not supported gallery broken

broseidon

Home screen:feature not supported gallery broken

Hi there,

this is my first post here so i'll try to be quick

i foolishly tried installing the ms apps using a third party app since i saw it worked on other people's phones and i thought i would give it a shot

i was wrong

for about 3-4 days i've been scouring the internet trying to find a solution to the Home screen:feature not supported bug or whatever it is, but to no avail. I am starting to become a bit desperate as the gallery simply will not work no matter what i do, .jpgs wont open, and my phone has been handicapped in the most literal sense of the word. Also i've tried hard resetting twice but to no result. I've considered hacking the phone and installing a custom firmware but i didnt want to destroy  the phone completely, and also waiting for the feature pack might take too long for me.

any help would be appreciated and i would be forever in your debt

excuse me if i made any mistakes with my english as i am romanian 

again thank you for your time :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Re: Home screen:feature not supported gallery broken

Hello your English is fine. You haven't mentioned your phone model. But you have said about the feature pack. So are you having Nokia 701?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
broseidon

oh, i forgot to mention that.. Yea its a 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Did you try to reinstall the firmware using Nokia Suite? If you are ready to loose some data then you may try the three finger format option. This will remove the installed apps. To do this switch off your phone. Then press the menu button and the camera button and the volume down button. Keep pressing the three buttons and switch on your phone. Don't leave the buttons until the Nokia hands appear. After this install the firmware again using Nokia Suite. By this method Nokia store and maps app will be lost.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
broseidon

i did that like twice but still nothing, i'll try to update it and see if anything happens if not i guess i'll just take it to some nokia care point around here and have them help me
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Broseidon,

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately as I can see you have tried reinstalling the phone software, the best thing to do to get your device fixed at a Nokia Care point where they will inspect your phone and may need to reflash it.

I hope you get your issue resolved soon!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.