Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How can you download vids from YouTube etc...?

artmiller

How can you download vids from YouTube etc...?

Here`s a thorny issue:

Is there a way of downloading videos from YouTube and similar sites?  I`ve found loads of programs that say they can do it but they don`t. I understand YouTube has installed some kinda gizmo to prevent it. Can anyone out there tell me of a download program that actually works now and from which sites? We can then convert them and watch them on endless boring train/plane journeys on our trusty 5800s.

Cheers, Art

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

[ Edited ]
Just done a download via pc . Use download tab at top of You Tube Picture frame . Download is flv video . Convert to mpeg4 copy to phone converter http://nokias60v5.blogspot.com/2010/01/there-are-lots-of-converters-available.html . jje
Please use plain text.
artmiller

"" Use download tab at top of You Tube Picture frame"

OK. I`ve looked, but can`t see that anywhere. Must be blind... Where exactly is it?

Thanks. Art

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

~~~~#########

My mistake its my download manager that puts the download tab there I use IDM . = Internet Download Manager

Seems as its against the rules to download from youtube as well  thats why they have easy method .

jje

Please use plain text.