Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to install VLC Player on N8

ASAPTVR

How to install VLC Player on N8

Hi Folks,

Iam trying to play a MKV file in N8 and it is only showing video and next to audio it is showing in red with a symbol of audio wave.

I cant hear audio for same, any clue.. and how to install VLC to avoid this.. 

Cheers,

TVR

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
puretoon

Re: How to install VLC Player on N8

To be honest I don't know if you can download VCL but can suggest converting the video with video converting software downloadable to your laptop/pc.

I, too had a job trying to play a video and thought it was the right file format but it wasn't, so downloaded converting software to convert to Divx as that's one of the formats and it's worked!

You'll find software and media player that work fine on pc's/laptops don't usually work on phones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shafiqnizam

Re: How to install VLC Player on N8 audio znt workd mkv file

e: How to install VLC Player on N8 audio znt workd mkv file

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
esanker

Re: How to install VLC Player on N8

[ Edited ]

Same here I don't think you can install VLC on the N8.  Besides N8's builtin video player is good enough.  Maybe the audio format used  in the mkv file is not supported by N8's video player.  Like if its DTS audio it won't play, you need to convert it to AC3 audio which is supported by N8's video player. Personally I use Super 2011 to do the conversion.  You can get it from here:

http://www.erightsoft.biz/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

Download Super2011 and load your mkv file then double click it to see the properties of the file.  Check the audio if it is AC3 or AAC if not you need to convert it.  When you convert the mkv, disable the video (stream copy) so Super will only convert the audio and leave the video untouched.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.