Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Video Time

Counsellor
sydney_vienna

N8 Video Time

I wonder as to why in videos, the capture time is incorrect. The time recorded is the UTC time, irrespective of the time set. Photos taken are showing the correct time. I had already noticed the same with my older X6.

It is an absolute nuisance, as I have to manually correct the time

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Re: N8 Video Time

Hi sydney_vienna,

How much does the video timestamp differ from the correct time? Also, could you tell us what software version you are using on your device?

You can check the software version by dialing *#0000#.

Thanks,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sydney_vienna

I have already said that the timestamp of the videos is the UTC time. A movie taken in Edinburgh today at 3.00 pm, will show as 2.00 pm. In Paris, it will show 1.00 pm. Previously, I blamed the software used, but now I know it to be the phones software.

On the N8, software version is 111.030.0609. On the X6 V 40.0.002.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Could you tell us if you have the correct time zone selected in time settings and you're not just manually changing the time?

Thanks,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

[ Edited ]

@Puigchild: It's an old bug/feature deep down in Symbian. The Nokia Suite team know all about it, and do their best to hide it without breaking the calendar and appointments sync in the process. :smileywink:

In Denmark, 2 hours ahead of UTC during the summer.

Transfer of an MP4 file to Windows in mass storage mode:

Mass Storage mode

Same file transferred through Nokia Suite:

Trying to figure out what the time stamps will be and how the phone or Nokia Suite and Windows will display it when moving to a different timezone makes my head hurt!

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sydney_vienna

I have tried automatic and manual time, both with the same result. Had already discovered the time differences in the property panel. Time created was the UTC time and time modified the UTC+ wherever you are.

Spent countless discussions with Adobe in regards to this a year ago, as I thought that it was their program that was at fault. The solution was never found.

I agree with Sage that this is an absolute pain. Trying to sort movies together with pictures is a nightmare. The file names don't match, the time doesn't match. Now I manually change the time created before copying to the main folder, making sure I have the correct time. Just to make sure, I take a picture before the movie from the same location.

This all shouldn't be necessary

Please use plain text.