Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 - Restore Original Factory Settings

Registered Member

Nokia 5800 - Restore Original Factory Settings

Hi,

After I restore the original factory settings on my phone it never came to life again. I can't do anything even if I try to press the restart button NOTHING is responding. Please Nokia help us on this I already convinced most of friends to get this phone now I'm feeling a bit embarrassed that they will experience such things.

Please use plain text.
Sage
pamdemonium

Re: Nokia 5800 - Restore Original Factory Settings

Try removing your battery for a few minutes. After putting it back, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds.

If it still does not switch on, take your phone to your nearest Nokia service center to have it looked at.

"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."
If you found someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to the post! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: Nokia 5800 - Restore Original Factory Settings

If your 5800 already had software version 20 software, you could also try the three-fingered suicide:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=124

Please use plain text.