Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia 5800 camera lens unable to zoom in and out d...

Advisor
mullaadib
Accepted Solution

Nokia 5800 camera lens unable to zoom in and out during autofocus

My nokia 5800 takes many time to autofocus i.e. changing of bracket from yellow to green. Firstly i can see zooming of lens in and out during autofocus, but now i can't. As a result the pic it shoots is blurred. When i compare the picture quality of 5800 with 5233 (2 mp), i found quality of 5233's pic is far better than 3.2 mp carl zeiss lens. Please help me it's serious issue with me.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Re: Nokia 5800 camera lens unable to zoom in and out during autofocus

[ Edited ]

Hey Mullaadib, Welcome to the Nokia Forums.

First of all, could you please be sure that you do not have any protectors covering the camera lense, as the device will not create sharp images if the lense is covered and will have difficulty focussing.

If you have nothing obstructing the lense it may be a hardware issue with your camera Is your camera focus simply not zooming and not making any effort to find focus?

If so, it must be the motor inside the camera that is not working, you can find out for sure by holding the device next to your ear and trying to get it to autofocus on a subject while holding it next to your ear and listen out for the mechanical sound of the motor. 

It could also be that one of your lenses has been damaged or is no longer in the correct position.

In both cases you must take your device to your local Nokia Care point where a technical expert can assess the device and help you to get it repaired.  

As a check to make sure it is not a software issue, you can perform a soft reset using *#7780# security code 12345 by default if prompted. This will restore your device setting to factory settings, however it will not delete any of your data. I suggest creating a back up of your phone on Nokia Suite before performing any kind of troubleshooting and visiting the Nokia Care Point. 

I hope this has helped, let me know how you get along!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mullaadib

Thanx sheldrick, i had done all that stuffs i.e. cleaning of lenses, doing hard and soft reset etc.but no change. I had tried to listen sound of motor while autofocussing as u had adviced but no sound i could hear. I think it's a hardware issue with movement of lenses. Coz recently i had upgraded phone's firmware also, so it can't be software issue. Also there is small black dot appearing on screen in downward left direction while selecting camera in image mode, but the same disappears in video mode... Is somebody experiencing the same problem?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

The spot would be most probably be dust on the sensor or inside the lense housing. Which would not show as clearly when being used in Video mode.

I suggest you take your device to your nearest care point to get your phone fixed. 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mullaadib

I had taken my phone to nokia care, they changed my camera. Now i can see zooming of lens in and out during autofocus. Also now i can shoots perfect image. Thanx sheldrick for ur kind advice.....:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.