Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia Asha 303 Youtube Streaming Problem

Advisor
jawwadkhalid

Nokia Asha 303 Youtube Streaming Problem

Hi all, 

I got Nokia Asha 303 a couple of weeks ago, its a great phone, the Wifi works well, the problem that i am facing now is that the Youtube Streaming is very poor, whie streaming the video resolution is ok, but the video constantly freezez and lags , and its not an issue of my connection speed, it looks like the phone cant handle the data,  is there any solution available to this? because the vidoes run smoothly if they are saved in memory, just whie streaming the videos dont run well,.

Any help on this matter will be aprreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Hey Jawwadkhalid, Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Please be sure that you are allowing your phone enough time to buffer the video before you start to play by giving it a minute or two before viewing the video.

If your device is still lagging during playback even whilst you have let your phone buffer well in advance and try free up some phone memory if it is nearing full capacity and try again.

You could also try a soft reset using *#7780# security code 12345 by default if prompted.

Please be sure to create a back up using Nokia Suite beforehand

I hope this has helped.

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jawwadkhalid

actually this is a Java phone and the applications cannot run in background i suppose, thanx for your reply

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Did you try the soft reset?

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nyehpoi

youtube streaming doesn't work on my nokia asha 303..i bought my phone a couple of months ago and i do a lot of trying to stream in youtube but it fails..im done resetting it a lot but nothings change..i thought it happens to all nokia asha phone..

can anyone help me?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jawwadkhalid

yes i tried the soft reset, its still laggy, some one on this forum told me that since its an entry level phone so it cannot play the videos smoothly, should i upgrade the Firmware? , will it help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
YangBayang

Hi, I got same problem while streaming youtube. It really has a poor quality and does'nt run smoothly. I also noticed that you cant scroll the video slider while playing video in horizontal position and while playing mp3. I really wish i could jump to the portion of the music which i want to hear.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi all,

Please have a look at this thread regarding to the high definition youtube video streaming with asha 303.

Hope this clarifies the matter.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nyehpoi

why can't i stream youtube videos on my phone nokia asha 303? why it seems im the one who can't use that? is there a problem with my phone sortware?or it depends on your network provider?

please i need an answer..tnx

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

@ nyehpoi,

It could be that the speed of your connection is not sufficient for streaming high quality videos. Please make sure you use fast wifi to do this. If you are using operator broadband, please make sure you have 3G connection and that the signal is strong.

Jampe
If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Illusion02

guys ...I got Nokia Asha 303 the phone is good but i cant watch youtube or any video streaming.... Am really getting **bleep** off by that because it contains youtube in store and yet when you wanna watch any video needing the support of streaming , I cant... Plz help...
Please use plain text.
Illusion02

Guys, I got Nokia 303 three months ago but cant skype.... Plz does it support skype.. If it does, plz help..
Please use plain text.
alipasha200

hi , ihave nokia asha 306 and i have youtube video streaming problem, while using internet on wifi cell phone video player doesn't start video streaming but browsing and downloading speed is good. plz help me how to play video's on youtube.    

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raghuldev

i hav nokia asha 303 , if i load a video in youtube it shows {not enough quadband width quality less than normal},pls help me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
2ice_9ice

hello pls peepz i need you to enlighten me on how to use the the internet call facility on my new nokia asha 303. Tanx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaylovedee

Heeeeellp.... My asha 303 is great but I cant watch videos on youtube
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi Jaylovedee

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

Do you have the correct streaming settings for your phone? If no, contact your network provider for further assistance. However, if you know the settings, you can manually configure it on the phone. Go to Menu > Settings > Configuration > Personal Settings > Add > select Streaming and enter all the Access Point Settings(APN).

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Keke19

It doen't workout the instruction that you mentioned in these comment
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Keke19, do you want YouTube via Wi-Fi or both, via 3G and via Wi-Fi?

Please use plain text.
Keke19

With wifi connection, help plz?
Please use plain text.