Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia E5 videos - system error

Registered Member
ziolet

Nokia E5 videos - system error

[ Edited ]

hey i need help.. i had some videos in my phone memory which i deleted in my nokia e5.. but when i checked my gallery its still there and when i tried to open, it says system error... wat do i do?? please help me :crying:

Moderator's note: We have changed the title of the post to facilitate discussion specifically for this topic.

Please use plain text.
musica

Are you sure those videos are saved in the phone memory? Do you have a memory card inserted in your E5?

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Skujins

I believe I found a solution!  I'm surprised no one else has found this... maybe it's just my phone.  Here we go:

1. Back up any important data... I'm not sure what the files we're about to delete are, but I found no negative impact since deleting them, but be safe. Always.

2. Through the main menu, go to: Office>File Mgr.>Phone Memory>logs>Eng>0ds

3. There are a butt-load of .xml files. Mark All.

4. This may take a few minutes to select all (since there are a lot... the first time I selected all it took about 7 mintues, since there were about 18000 files)

5. Once all are selected (you'll know because fo the check marks), select DELETE.

6. It will ask you if you really want to delete those 18000+ files, confirm it.

7. This step took me about 3 hours... but once they were all deleted, I had about 150MB free space!

8. Good luck, be patient, make sure your phone is plugged in, maybe do it overnight.

Skujins

Please use plain text.