17-12-2012 18:11 - last edited on 17-12-2012 18:30 by tiny_chef
hey i need help.. i had some videos in my phone memory which i deleted in my nokia e5.. but when i checked my gallery its still there and when i tried to open, it says system error... wat do i do?? please help me
Moderator's note: We have changed the title of the post to facilitate discussion specifically for this topic.
I believe I found a solution! I'm surprised no one else has found this... maybe it's just my phone. Here we go:
1. Back up any important data... I'm not sure what the files we're about to delete are, but I found no negative impact since deleting them, but be safe. Always.
2. Through the main menu, go to: Office>File Mgr.>Phone Memory>logs>Eng>0ds
3. There are a butt-load of .xml files. Mark All.
4. This may take a few minutes to select all (since there are a lot... the first time I selected all it took about 7 mintues, since there were about 18000 files)
5. Once all are selected (you'll know because fo the check marks), select DELETE.
6. It will ask you if you really want to delete those 18000+ files, confirm it.
7. This step took me about 3 hours... but once they were all deleted, I had about 150MB free space!
8. Good luck, be patient, make sure your phone is plugged in, maybe do it overnight.