Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N8 : Retrieve deleted pictures or files

AshH8sN8

Hi All

Firstly can I just congratulate Nokia on creating the worst phone I have ever owned / used / got frustrated by.

Currently my N8 is clinging to life by a very thin thread, in that - if I am unable to recover the files it decided to randomly lose this morning - it will find itself in the microwave / oven / fire / being run over in the very near future.

So if anyone can help me - I would massively appreciate it.

This morning I decided that after many months of being told my phone memory was insufficient for me to browse the internet, read my text messages, answer calls etc - that I would insert an 8gb card into the phone in the hope that it would relieve the handset from its struggle to operate and also back up my existing pictures and videos - instead - it stated the phone was updating / or refreshing my media  and upon completion of this action and to my abject horror - everything aside from pictures I have been sent via MMS in my gallery has disappeared completely from the phone, wall papers - the lot.

Apparently, having trawled every folder in both the phone and secondary card memory - all of which have vanished completely aside from a trace of them all in a folder called WAlogs - where all of what were once my pictures and videos are still dated in the same way but are now different and much smaller file formats than in their original state.

Now if you haven't already gathered, I am not blessed in the understanding / patience with technology department and having tried the methods mentioned in this thread  - the only items I have managed to recover are the ones I can readily access myself through my phone / ovi suite or via My Computer.

This is starting to worry me immensely as there irreplaceable videos / photos of my Son's recent first birthday that I will be absolutely gutted should they be gone forever, especially considering I only added a memory card to the phone rather than mistakenly choosing to delete them for example.

I am holding out some hope in that when it comes to all things technology - the plain and simple / blatantly obvious usually evades me and maybe somebody has experienced this in the past and knows how to sort it, if so please get back to me ASAP before I pull all of my hair and maybe even my teeth out for that matter.

Thank you in advance

Ash ;-)

Please use plain text.
troublep

please help
Please use plain text.
troublep

Please help..I dnt evn no hw to use this app but what happened is that my girlfriend deleted my pictures when she tried to create an album for them.Those pictures are so important to me because they are memories i will never want to forget ever in my life.Please help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shivanshemraj

I lost my precious videos while deleting some pictures from my mobile.  Please help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kritideol

i had connected my ph to my pc and i copied song from my ph to pc but when i dis connect my ph from pic i found that my data was missing like pictures, videos and song....... that data was important to me............. how can i recover my data......

Aaissh wrote:

Hi...

i was trying make a new album in photo's menu so i can keep all my fav in one folder.

i copied pics from ALL to ALBUM's new folder and then deleted the same pics in ALL folder but automatically all the pics in new folder got deleted.

normally in all nokia phones this method works without any prob.

how will i get deleted pics back to my folder.?.

Please use plain text.
daisstace

Hey Aaissh, 

I think you might have deleted the All folders before the transfer or copying the files process was done and hence both the folders got empty at the same time. But no reason to worry, as long as you do not overwrite anything or save stuffs on Nokia N8 external memory that you use, chances of recovery is full. 

1st Option: Have a backup, then use it

See if you had synced your phone earlier or made a backup of the data in the memory card cause that can help you restore photos easily.

2nd Option: Use a third party Software

Second and the probably the best option suitable and safe for your data will be using a third party software such as Stellar photo recovery. This software is very efficient and has got good reviews by critics for its faster scanning and recovery. Plus it supports mobile phone recovery, PC photo recovery and Mac photo recovery as well.

Reference: http://www.picturerecovery-software.com/photo-picture-recovery.php 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jerrysoy

Unless the disk has been physically damaged there are ways to work backwards and restore deleted photos from Nokia

An excellent photo recovery tool can help you- http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/photo-recovery.htm

Tips:
1. Stop writing anything new on the drive immediately.
2. Save your recovered data on a different drive in case of recovery failure.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lizazenith

I had deleted my 3GP videos from Nokia phone accidentally and suffered from data loss very badly. Someone told me about Nokia Recovery Software. It is a amazing software which helped me alot in recoverying file, deleted sms and make them accessible again. It works very fast and completely safe and secure. Its graphical interface is very helpful for me as i am a non-technical person. If you are also facing same situation then you can also use the software.

Read More Information:-

http://www.mov-recovery.com/nokia-3gp-video-recovery-learn-the-tutorial-to-get-back-videos-after-cut...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
symbianzone

Few days back, I had accidentally formatted my Nokia N8 and was searching for solutions that could help me to recover my data back from my Nokia N8. (Data Recovery from Nokia N8) My data included HD Videos, High Quality Pictures and my official documents which were the most important for me to recover back. Luckily all of my important data was stored on mass storage & microSD card, which I had recovered 100% with the help of FREE Tutorial. Although some of my pictures from phone memory cannot be recovered.

Hope this guide can help you all: http://www.n8fanclub.com/2013/03/recover-lost-data-from-nokia-n8-belle-smartphone.html

Please use plain text.
tayler98

Deleted files from mobile phone are recoverable if you follow the correct steps. I learned this after I accidentally deleted some photos from my Nokia phone. One of my friends told me this when I was panic, and he sent me one mobile phone data recovery tutorial which is really helpful. I'd like to share it here so that more people knows how to recover deleted files from moibile phone

Recover deleted files from Mobile Phone

good luck!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jamesmm

you can retrieve deleted pictures or files with mobile phone data recovery tool.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jason519

Take it easy, bro ! it is possible recover data from data from your phone, u know most data in the phone save in the memory card, recover data from phone means recover data from memory card. I have a similar experience, I accidently formatted the memory card in my Nokia phone, and I got a recovery tool after searching on the Internet, so u can try to use it to recover data from your phone, know more here: Memory card photo recovery,
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
salmakhalil

plz my pic retrieve me plzhelp me
Please use plain text.
semra12

Nokia Lumina 820 - recover lost data

Hi everybody. 

I reset my Nokia Lumina 820 by mistake and now I lost all my contacts and most importantly all my photos. 

Unfortunately they were on my phone memory, I wasn't using a SD card.  I heard you could recover data using recovery software. 
I tried couple of softwares to recover the photos but  had no luck. 
I plug in my phone to my PC via USB, I can see it on my computer. But then when I run the software all I can see it my PC's C: drive, my phone doesn't even come as an option.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks heaps
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lacus215

I ever accidentlt deleted about 1G pics from my phone SD card, those pics are important for me. So I was so hurry to find solution to get back deleted photos from sd card. Finally, I found one which is effective, you can have a try: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/sd-card-recovery.htm
Please use plain text.
Helliye

Hi, I think i can help you.

I advise to try Hetman Photo Recovery. This program provides restoration of the unavailable, damaged files, folders, subfolders, images, from a card of memory of mobile phones.  Restoration of data is possible even if files cannot be read or they are ciphered or the device doesn’t find media.  The software of restoration of data supports restoration of songs 3gp, mp3 audio, video, music, from all types of digital cameras. 

The program provides search and restoration of the damaged, formatted video clips, and photos in the JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, RIFF and TIFF formats from compact flash-memory sticks. The software gives opportunity of restoration of accidental remote or lost videos of files of the formats Canon.crw, MPG, MPEG, Sigma - Foveon.x3f, Olympus.orf, Fuji.raf, MIDI, Kodak.dcr, Nikon.nef, Minolta.mrw.mov.avi, QuickTime.dss.wav. The program also provides restoration of the gone digital data files from all types of external cards of memory, including Panasonic, Konica, Casio, Sony, Fujifilm, Digital Dream, SanyoUmax, Acer, Philips, Samsung, Mustek, BenQ, Praktica, HP, Relisys, Ricoh, Pentax, Jenoptik, Aiptek, Vivitar, Lumicron and Yakumo.

Characteristics:

- Hetman Photo Recovery - the software safe and available only for reading.

- The software has the friendly graphic user interface for fast and safe process of restoration.

- Restoration of data is possible even if the system is formatted, reformatted, damaged or destroyed.

- Support of restoration of the unreadable, ciphered and not found damaged digital files from memory sticks.

- The software supports restoration and installation of files from office programs for mobile phones: word mobile, excel mobile, mobile database from the memory sticks, damaged because of failure of the software of hardware, reset of memory or system failure, recovers remote data on Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, NT, XP, 2003, WindowsNT 3.x, WindowsNT 4.x.

Full list of capabilities here: http://hetmanrecovery.com

Please use plain text.
kellymiao

After you deleted the pictures or files from your Nokia, you still have a chance to recover them.

Firstly, you need to stop saving more files on your Nokia. Next, please connect Nokia with a Windows computer with cable. Then you can recover deleted images or etc with following the guide.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davlidwhite

You can recover deelted pictures on Nokia phone with Nokia file recovery program, here's a good one: Recover deleted files on Nokia

The file recovery software helped me before, it's easy to use and works well for me. Hope that it helps you get back your deleted pictures.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
banzee

I had the same problem with my N73, All of a sudden all my pictures, videos and other media files were gone. I was so frustrated with it that I stopped using it and got a new phone.. Few weeks later, one of my frnd suggested me a software called Stellar Phoenix which is specially dsigned to recover lost photos from nokia and other mobile phones. It basically works on the memory card. You are required to attach your memory card with the help of card reader and rest is done by the software.. I was happy with the sofwtare.. It recovered more than 1.5GB of data from my 2GB card.. God bless them..

Please use plain text.