Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia N96 Live TV Problem

Contributor
liquidvampire

Nokia N96 Live TV Problem

I've bought a Nokia n96 and I'm struggling on how to use the live TV function. When I click on the Live TV option, it searches for programme guides but never finds anything. I thought it was the area I was at so I've moved around allot and gone to different towns and still it doesn't find anything. Then when I click on My Subscriptions and click on retrieve subscriptions, it says "retrieval request failed". So how do I watch TV? Do I need to install anything to make it work or connect it to anything? Please help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

DVB-H which Nokia N96 isn't available in all countries.
Dunno where you are, but if you are in UK, for example, forget the whole thing for the time being.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
liquidvampire

Yeah I'm in the UK, why did Nokia advertise Live TV feature more than anything else of the N96 in the UK if we don't even have DVB-H yet? False advertising by Nokia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Because the phone really supports it :smileyhappy:
To boost sales, why else?

Anyways, if it's of any consolation, it's not available in Croatia either.
Please use plain text.
Professor
kamenlitchev

Check here:

http://www.dvb-h.org/services.htm
Ericsson T10i -> Nokia 7110 -> Siemens C45, C55, M55, M65 -> Nokia 6131, N73, N82 -> HTC Wildfire, Desire HD -> Nokia Lumia 800 -> HTC Desire X -> Lumia 820 -> Sony Xperia SP -> Lumia 925 + Sennheiser CX 500
If I've helped, use the Kudos button to thank
:smileywink:
Please use plain text.

Nokia N96 Live TV Problem

does the nokia live tv for n96 work in india?
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
oviwan

According to DVB-H.org it says:

INDIA

So if you're in Delhi you shoudl contact this company Doordashan.

...who's more foolish?, the fool or the one who follows him?... ovi-wan
Please use plain text.
obirison

Re: Nokia N96 Live TV Problem.

I have same problem. My N96 is vodafone-customized. Other models of n96 switch on easily for the dstv premium service, while my own sends the message 'Retrieving of right failed-try again later-error 30345'. What is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Where did your Vodafone N96 come from? In some countries, Vodafone and its partners have their own streaming-TV services, and so it wouldn't surprise me if the group was having its customized firmware set to exclude othjer TV providers.

I'm guessing you're somewhere in Africa as DSTV is a South African company broadcasting in a number of African countries. I'll be honest and say that I'm not too knowledgeable about DVB-H because it isn't available in my country, but the error your are getting looks like an authentication failure - if your phone was originally sold in a market outside Africa, it is also possible that it lacks a necessary certificate needed to access some services in your area.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hshokuhi

I am in IRAN/Tehran and  live t v on my N96 work perfectly. Near one weeks ago , one of channels found problem . No pictures but cutting voices. I can't solve the problems by changing any items in program so I try " restore original TV setting " in "setting " menu.

The program restarted and after that I can't see any channels .

Live TV find "IRIB" but can't show any channel

Please use plain text.
gentrit

hi i am in kosovo a new country and it says that my nokia is not available in your country  and i cant watch live tv and i cant connect to internet i have a nokia n96 what could i do to make my nokia available in kosovo if someone can help me plzzzzzzzz:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
immaxpaul

i'm from Dhaka, BANGLADESH. I have N96 but i can not use LIVE TV. What should i do? Can i use dish cable to run this programe? Or have i any alternative way to use it properly? Pelease help me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Hi,

If there's no DVB-h carrier in your country then there's nothing you can do to enable Live TV.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neelpanwar

i hav a 96 can i play live in m nokia mobile
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mpandakatavi

I have also NOKIA 96 but I do not get mobile live TV. I live in Tanzania

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

There's probably no compatible DVB-H technology based TV broadcasting service operational in any country these days.

That technology never took off in any country. Even in Nokia's home country, the service has been shut down by the single provider that offered it, and Nokia has stopped making phones with DVB-H support a couple of years ago (the N96 is probably the last such model, and it is from 2008).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Sadly that's true.

You can still use IPTV based tv. (Steaming) 

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arun11

Nice discussion...

Please use plain text.
mourihno

I in Ghana i have the same problem with my nokia n96,when i switch on for the dstv,my own sends the message "Retrieving or right failed-try agian later-error 30345.please what is the problem.please help me
Please use plain text.
pamitimayalakaa

Hi,my name ewedunmoye am form nigeria i have the same problem with my nokia n96 when i switch on for the dstv,my own sends the message(retrieving or right failed try(
Please use plain text.