Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problem with Nokia 6700 Camera

Contributor

Problem with Nokia 6700 Camera

i can't use the Camera for my new Nokia 6700, always showing that the Camera on Standby

some knows what is the problem?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

try taking the battery out for a few minutes and see if it changes anything. also consider factory default restore under settings the default code is 12345 and  you will not lose any data, but might have to adjust your settings. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

two time i reset the tel as per factory default, and all camera available settings i try, just i remove the battery for around 5 minutes but till now the situation is same
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Again please

if some body have a solution about 6700 Camera

till now i couldnt solve the problem even the battery was taken off for full night

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

its a s40 phone so there is not much else you can do but take it to nokia care for them to have a look. something is not right. your phone should not be behaving this way especially taht it just got released. have them have a look and see what they can do. sorry i can't be of more help 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i once met similar problem with a S40 phone, everything is fine after a software update. You can either go care to update the phone software, or you can do it yourself at home with PC suit and choose software update. Hope it helps.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

mabye a faulty memory card?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Again

About Nokia 6700 Camera

i couldnt update the software because the tel going to offline mode by it self during the update, and a message appear to switch the tel to online mode, again during the udpate going to offline mode. means my try to update failed.

memory card

the memory card was removed at the photo storage switch it to telephone memory, but also still getting the same message (Camera on Standby)

i got tired really and it's shame to Nokia, to release product and didnt arrange support yet

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Sounds like it could be a software issue, if that doesnt work id say a camera replacement or another part controlling the camera, if the software has failed at home, you would need to take it in to your nearest Nokia Care for repair
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

im facing the problem with nokia 6700, most of the time the cam and voice recorder are on standby, pls update me if there is any possible solution,

thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dear Freind

i had this problem, and it take more than 3 months to solve

first nokia russia where i m working refuse to the guarantry becasue it's bought from lebanon

i lebanon they send more for 100 KM to Nokia care

Nokia care said that need to change the camera but is not available

after one month and several calls and fighting my telephon came back to be with camera

that because i trust nokia and i didnt try the telephon before purchasing as my telephon Camera didnt work since the purchasing time

So, your telephone need for camera, is better to go to other service to change the camera (not Nokia) and sale your telephone because camera it's commun problem with this model of Nokia

i am very sorry to say that as since the last 15 years i didnt use other than nokia telephons but now i gone for other trade

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia 6700 classic shooting both stills and video fine here.

Only wish it would save the videos to .mp4 and not .3gp though. Maybe a future software update could address this. 

Please use plain text.

I cant's used the camera due to stand by option on.Please tell me hw to off the stand by option off.

Please use plain text.

Camera on stand by mod showing during using the camera.

Kindly advice how to remove stand by mod to revive camera funcuning.

Please use plain text.

Re: Problem with Nokia 6700 Camera stand by mode

i have nokiya model 6700, during using the camera it goes in stand by mode. 

Battery removed for 12 hr, and restored factory setting but still stand by mod coming on screen.

Kindly give me solution to revivethe camera. 

thank u.

jaahar lal

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Try reflashing the devices firmware using Nokia Software Updater.

Before launching the software, Right click My Computer-->Properties-->Hardware tab-->Device Manager.

Or you can find it by going through the Control Panel.

Look for Portable Devices, expand it and verify that Nokia 6700 classic is listed there. Right click it then select Disable.

Now start the Software Updater, make sure you have the latest version. This was done in win xp but i assume that its similar for vista and win 7. 

Regards. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Karky

Hi guys.. I have had enough of Nokia taking no notice of us poor 6700 owners.. I thought ... I have hjust emailed the UKs Watchdog programme complaining about the handset and Nokias lack of response.. How about everyone starts to do this and perhaps we might get a platform...

Any thoughts people???

Please use plain text.

i have nokiya model 6700, during using the camera it goes in stand by mode. 

Battery removed for 12 hr, and restored factory setting but still stand by mod coming on screen.

Kindly give me solution to revivethe camera. 

thank u.

jaahar lal

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kurdish

i have the same problem
can someone please help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Heshamo

Same problem here, brand new 6700 C and camera is bot functioning - tried flashing and factory reset, not result. NOKIA Care should change their name to NOKIA Don't CARE!!! - If anyone from Nokia is reading this I suggest you send a response and stop ignoring their customers.
Please use plain text.