Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems with Real Player on the Nokia e71x

Problems with Real Player on the Nokia e71x

I'm having problems playing video clips with the real player I have downloaded onto my Nokia e71x.  Whether they are short (2 min) or long (over 30 min) there is a pause and jump every 5-7 seconds. The image and the sound pauses for a moment, and then jerks ahead.  It may be an issue with the Video Manager on Nokia PC Suites, but I was curious to see if anyone else is having this problem and if there are any solutions...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yes i am seeing the same problem. Called up nokia and they say they cannot do any thing about it. att has to do some thing. What a horrible situation ..
Please use plain text.

I too am getting so so video playback. I am trying to load movies that I have made and am trying different compression at different bit rates. So far from what I can tell with video clips that contain fast motion (quick flashes, fast pans, fast cuts) the player seems to choke on it. My guess is the frame rate combined with refresh and possibly color (add to that sound) is causing things to go a little awry. So what I did was recompress the footage (originally 30fps) so that it now plays at 22fps. This seems to work great for my own movies. I can't say this will work for downloaded movies.

Maybe it's just Real Player. Is there possibly an alternate video player we can download somewhere that can handle video playback better?

Please use plain text.
FactionS60v3

This isn't a fix to your problems with RealPlayer, but, it is a way to start downloading and converting .flv files from sources such as YouTube to be played on your e71x. This works

perfectly with RealPlayer.

Things you need:

Firefox web browser

Download Helper (Add-on for Firefox)

Download Helper conversion tool

I would give further info, but i'm currently pressed for time.

If you do a little research i'm sure there are guides for getting this all set up.

This is an excellent way to get music videos and any of your favorite YouTube

vids for your  e71x!

They play flawlessly on mine!

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.