Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia n8 camera question

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick
Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Ethanobama says

"on my Nokia n8 I use to profiles 

-Autimatic

-User defined

The only difference is the Sharpness

-Autimatic = Normal

-User defined = Hard

My question is there any difference between them? I am no photography but I do enjoy taking photos with my N8 and when I do I want the best quality I can get so I use User defined with Sharpness at Hard but to me it looks the same as Normal  is there a difference?

Thanks"

MODERATORS NOTE: Post bugged whilst moving to relevant thread. OP posted above

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Hi ethanobama,

Google N8 Camera tips, you will find several threads with lots of tips on using the camera.

As Sheldrick said the User or Manual mode allows you to save the settings you like to use but isn't something you would normally use until you are familiar with the Camera.

Note: If you are on Anna then it's worth downloading the Camera Update from Betalabs, it improves the Interface, allows 30fps in video and much more. Well worth the update.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jemil

nokia n8 camera question

on my Nokia n8 I use to profiles 

-Autimatic

-User defined

The only difference is the Sharpness

-Autimatic = Normal

-User defined = Hard

My question is there any difference between them? I am no photography but I do enjoy taking photos with my N8 and when I do I want the best quality I can get so I use User defined with Sharpness at Hard but to me it looks the same as Normal  is there a difference?

Thanks

-jemil

Please use plain text.
Advisor
parakrama199546

Yes there is a difference the user defined ''hard'' attribute gives the image stunning quality when you zoom the image to the maximum level.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey ethanobama, Welcome to the Nokia Forum!

User defined is similar to shooting Manual mode, You can save shooting presets which you have configured yourself.

Sharpness merely creates more definition between points of contrast (mainly edges) and makes the contrast alot higher, as a result it makes things like hair and pores in the skin stand out more when high.

For example when taking a photo of a person in a forest, with high sharpness there will be a more defined edge between the persons body and the forest in the background but the effect can be very minor.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have previously had.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.