Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Restore deleted pictures?

Restore deleted pictures?

Instead of transferring pictures from my N95 to my PC I deleted the whole photomap and all pictures. Are there any chance to restore or get the pictures back?  Appreciate any answer! Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi simonlvkcentre

Were pictures on phone or card memory? 

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.

If they were on the memory card, download a free file recovery utility (do a search) that recovers jpeg/jpg images. Put the disk in your computer direct the file recovery utility to recover files from whatever drive your disk is in and recover them to your hard drive. The files are not deleted, they are only flaged for overwrite if the space is needed. You're good to go...
Please use plain text.

Thanks for your answer ! Pictures were on the phone memory!
Please use plain text.

You can very often recover deleted pictures from a phones memory card. However, to increase the chances of being able to recover pictures after they have been deleted you must not save any new photos, files or data to it. When you delete pictures (or any files) from a memory card (or USB memory stick or whatever) the data itself isn’t normally deleted, just the file system pointers that says where the data for those files is located.

But, the area where the deleted picture data was stored is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead. If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted pictures so it is very, very important that new pictures or files aren’t saved to the memory card in the meantime.

One of the easiest ways to see if your deleted pictures can be recovered is to plug your phone into a PC (or put the card in a card reader) and try some photo recovery software.

A good tip is to try a free trial version of one of the good commercial products available that will scan the memory card for deleted pictures and show you exactly what pictures can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted pictures or if it’s too late already. You can find more useful information on recovering deleted pictures from a memory card, USB memory stick etc at http://www.recoverdeletedpictures.com  
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

if it was on the phone memory, then your chances are not good that you will recover your images. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cardmorechiro

Download The Recovery Manager, read the tabs carefully, openning each for more information. It worked very well for me. using Nokia 700.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
myakaythwe

how to recover my  deleted image in my nokia n9 to recover?

simonlvkcenter wrote:
Instead of transferring pictures from my N95 to my PC I deleted the whole photomap and all pictures. Are there any chance to restore or get the pictures back?  Appreciate any answer! Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aPat

Don't worry! You can easily retrieve your lost/deleted files back. Few days before, I formatted my nokia phone accidentally. To recover my data back I searched a lot. I found good data recovery software which helped me to recover my deleted files. It can restore your lost data only in few mouse clicks. It is 100% safe, and i m happy :smileyhappy: with its results as i got my photos back. Here I am providing you the link of that software, and I hope it will solve your problem.

Download link:http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/photo-recovery.htm

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dennvictoria

Recovering multimedia files from memory card has now become very easy using an automatic photo recovery tool. It could retrieve all kinds of lost data in no time. But make sure that the lost data doesn't gets over-written by any new one.http://www.cell-phonerecovery.com/recover-videos-from-formatted-memory-card-in-sony-mobile-phone
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lizazenith

No need to panic if you have deleted your videos after cut operation in Nokia. You can easily restore the deleted files by using Nokia Video Recovery Software. It is a fast software which have capability to recover the lost videos of all formats in few minutes. You can download the trial version of the software from our website to check its working speed.

Read More Information:-

http://www.mov-recovery.com/nokia-3gp-video-recovery-learn-the-tutorial-to-get-back-videos-after-cut...

Please use plain text.
kerrsean

[ Edited ]

lizazenith wrote:

No need to panic if you have deleted your videos after cut operation in Nokia. You can easily restore the deleted files by using Nokia Video Recovery Software. It is a fast software which have capability to recover the lost videos of all formats in few minutes. You can download the trial version of the software from our website to check its working speed.

Read More Information:-

How to restore deleted pictures

Actually, your pictures are stored on the memory card. And there are some memory card recovery software available to undelete pictures from memory card. You may try Photo Recovery! I used it and it worked! 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
christianm283

I had the same problem and none of the above methods helps. any other way to recover deleted pictures from nokia phone?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sabrlin

Hi, if your pictures were on phone memory, then you will have to recover your image. If your pictures were on card memory, you can recover photo for corrupted card with a card data recovery  tool, download link in: http://www.card-data-recovery.com/windows-data-recovery.htm

More details in:

recover photo for corrupted card

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
christianm283

After trying many suggestions, I finally find the solution, for the benefit of others, here's the link:

How to recover deleted files from mobile phone

Please use plain text.
kellymiao

Please do not save more files on your N95, in case the pictures are overwritten.

Then please connect Nokia mobile with PC via cable.

Next, you can take a look at the steps about how to restore deleted pictures.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
susanyloanen

You may try to recover your files with Myjad recovery-tools.

Here is some info about the usage of Myjad Photo Data Recovery.

Hope that can help someone.

Please use plain text.
NoDis

There is an internal Flash memory on Nokia N95 mobile phone. And it also supports MicroSD card. Thus, the lost pictures may be stored on either phone internal memory or memory card. Just as "simonlvkcenter" said: Pictures were on the phone memory! As far as I know, no data recovery software can restore files from the internal memory of Nokia phone. That is, no software can help simonlvkcenter recover pictures from the N95 phone's internal memory. Sorry!:smileysad:
However, in my experience, by default, photographs taken by N95 will be stored in MicroSD card. Therefore, you may wish to use Nokia Data Recovery software to scan your SD card and see if there is a miracle.

Please use plain text.