Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Skype for the N8 - video cam?

Sage
Accepted Solution

Skype for the N8 - video cam?

Hello,

You can't video call with Skype on an N8 can you?

There is a forward facing video cam  

I can't find any options on that...

Thanks,

Vee Pee

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Re: Skype for the N8 - video cam?

The N8 indeed has a secondary camera (front camera), but the Skype application is not foreseeing video calls. This is a shortcoming in the Skype application, not in the N8.

The only thing I can recommend you is to contact Skype to see whether they plan to have video calling enabled in future versions.

Please use plain text.
Sage

thanks - i sent them a post
Please use plain text.
vinod_n8

I don't think N8 supports as its got less processor speed then 1GHZ , and even if it was made then u can experence a poor video quality and hangups.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
caro1990

vinod_n8 wrote:

I don't think N8 supports as its got less processor speed then 1GHZ , and even if it was made then u can experence a poor video quality and hangups.

The processor speed shouldn't matter that much for allowing video calls while doing Skype calls. It might have to do with the amount of RAM in the device, but even that is doubtable.

Poor video quality: indeed the front camera is of poor quality.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhanurana

N8 Nokia solve this video calling problem its stupid not able to make video calls after spending 300€on the mobile phone **bleep**..
Please use plain text.