Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Transfering Video and Photo from my pc to Nok...

Transfering Video and Photo from my pc to Nokia N97

Ok I really need help.

I've found how to transfer music.

But when trying to transfer photos or video's it won;t work.

It there a mode im not putting the phone it? Is jpeg photo format fine? What folders do i copy the video's/photo's into?

Please help me.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Re: Transfering Video and Photo from my pc to Nokia N97

Few options for file transfer:

1) Using phone in mass storage mode is probably easiest option for file transfer.

For photos connect phone to PC and select Mass Storage mode when prompted by phone. It will show as a drive in My Computer, H: in my case. Open My Pictures or wherever your pics are stored on PC, and from here you can transfer selected files to Images folder in phone by copy/move/drag & drop. Use safely remove hardware function in taskbar before disconnecting to avoid any data loss/corruption. Open Photos on phone and transfered pics will appear in Downloads folder.

Same method for videos, transfer to Videos folder in phone, and you'll find them in Videos & TV>My videos>All video clips/Other. Videos will also appear in Photos app as this serves as gallery where all pics and vids can be accessed.

Music can be transfered to Sounds folder on phone using same method. Then open music player and refresh library.

Depending on amount of data you've sent to phone it may take a few mins for new files to appear.

2) You can also transfer files using Bluetooth if your PC is enabled. Bit slower, not so good for large files. Files are sent to phone's messaging inbox, you'll hear the message alert(s). Open and select to save to E drive on phone.

3) Ovi/PC Suite will sync/transfer files to phone when connected in PC Suite mode, don't use it myself as Windows does the job perfectly well for me.

The following from Nokia's N97 spec:

Video playback formats:  3GPP formats (H.263), Flash Video, H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, RealVideo 7,8,9/10, WMV 9.

Graphic formats: BMP, EXIF, GIF87a, GIF89a, JPEG, JPEG 2000, MBM, OTA, PNG, TIFF, WBMP, WMF.

Audio formats: AAC, AAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AU, AWB, eAAC+, M4A, MIDI Tones (poly 64), Mobile XMF, MP3, MP4, RealAudio 7, 8, 10, RMF, SND, SP-MIDI, True tones, WAV, WMA, WVE.

The following should provide good video playback on N97:
Container: MP4.
Video: MPEG-4, 640x360, 16x9, 25fps, 1200kbps.
Audio: AAC, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 96 kbps.

Hope that helps.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

One more option if you use Windows Media Player 11 to transfer pictures videos and music.

Use the phone in Media transfer mode or PC suite (if it's an N96 or later phone) and a Portable Device will be installed in your PC, use WMP11 and create Sync lists (videos, pictures and music can be included) now you press Sync now and they will go to the device. It will even convert files as needed.

Some issues though. -

- AVI files will not convert correctly all the time.

- MP4 files are usually not found by WMP11 but you can change the registry so that it finds them but they are not converted correctly.

- Music files will work correctly but Album art will be lost in the transfer.

Another way, depending on the model you have, is to load the stuff into the memory card using a card reader.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Thanks el loco, should have mentioned that. I used WMP sync for few days when got my first NSeries, wasn't keen and haven't used since, so don't tend to consider it now. I'm sure it's useful to some. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TreyAG

Re: Transferring Video and Photo from my pc to Nokia N97

Hello, I have been trying to transfer videos onto my N97 and I just couldn't figure it out but one time my WMP was syncing I don't know why it was and a few weeks I was looking around my phone I had noticed almost all my videos were on my phone. Now I am trying to put videos on again, I did it through WMP and now the new videos I put on the phone are not showing up.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: Transferring Video and Photo from my pc to Nokia N97

The easiest way to put video on the phone is to use Nokia PC Suite, it will find and convert video on your computer and transfer it to the phone. Personally I convert mine with QuickMediaConvertor then drag and drop to E.

With music I run through WMP first and find album info, then drag Album art to album Icon, then drag and drop to E.

Photo's just drag and drop , find it much quicker than syncing !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dorothy57

Need to transfer photos from my Nokia N97 Mini to my pc using the USB cable. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Just connect the Phone to PC.. Open OVI Suite -->Photos... Now click on 'Sync Photos' next to the Phone Icon in the bottom window.. Once the Sync is complete.. the photos will get saved on to the PC.. Click on 'ALL' at the top.. and these should be visible...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I would connect the phone in mass storage mode, open the N97 mini as an external storage device , so you can see the files in it , then simply drag the photo's you want from the phone to your compuer into a folder you can create and find easily. I find this quicker and easier than syncing, but use the method that suites you best ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.