Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Video Converter

Advisor

Video Converter

I just bought 5800 XM. now i want to add my videos on phone. But i cant find good converter software. Can you guys recommand me one?

If it's free it would be better. Still i wont hesitate to pay some buck for it.

I want software for computer not for phone. 

thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I've been using AnyDVD converter, works like a dream for me. I also used AllOK converter, and it was just as good.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I use freeware "Any Video Convertor". Works perfectly fine for me.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I use AVS Video Converter 6. It allows you to import almost any video format, including unprotected DVDs and outpouts into any video format also.  It is fully customizable in the way of the quality (bitrate), resolution, sound etc and there are many profiles already built in (i.e. for iPhones, branded MP3 Players, phones etc)

Screen shot here: http://www.avs4you.com/pics/screenshots/big/VideoConverter6_4.png

Download here: http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx

Please use plain text.

I used N95.

and i usually use Moyea Video Converter to convert videos to the video formats acceptable to my phone for its advanced audio and video sync technology and multi-thread encoding technology.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Use Internet Tablet Video converter. This software is devloped by nokia. Very good.

http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/internet-tablet-video-converter

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

I use SUPER from erightsoft which is a GUI from FFMPEG command line codec.

It's free and it works.

For DVD and other encoding needs I use ImToo products.

Check out my blog for information on these tools.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.

I use freez 3gp video converter. good freeware. http://www.smallvideosoft.com/3gp-converter/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

ImTOO, Xilisoft, Super, Videora all work fine for me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hi guys! I bought 5800 and i am using the internet tablet video converter.

I have a problem though. :smileysad: Tried converting divx and xvid files, but theres no sound.

any workaround?

Please use plain text.

i am using Moyea Video Converter to help me convert videos to 3gp workable to my N95.

what made me excited is its advanced audio and video synchnization...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

iSkysoft Video Converter is a nice choice.

http://www.hd-dvd-ripper.net/video-converter.html

Moderator note: link modified to remove referrer identity. Recommending software that solves a user's issue is fine, but you may not profit from posting links on Nokia Support Discussions.

Message Edited by michaels on 29-Oct-2009 07:13 PM
Message Edited by michaels on 03-Nov-2009 08:33 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Ultra Mobile 3Gp Video Converter .

For 5800 XM   video size 640x 360

Quality set as Good for best image to file size 

MP4 30 fps

Audio 96 kbps .

But their are plenty of Free video converters available from the simple to the full spec MediaCoder.

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

[ Edited ]

Remember whatever video converter you use to encode 'em, you need to limit the bitrate to some certain point. You cannot expect a video encoded with your best software with best combination but using 1500 bit rate per second. That said, I use 500-600 kbps for my N79, and it is smooth, any bigger amount than that causes to partial play-sound only.

** Note - The site that have been posted is not validated or verified by Nokia, hence, trying or testing is at the users own risk!

Message Edited by alphaman on 31-Oct-2009 07:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Remove the id means nothing as long as the link could provide more choice to people.

And I would take care not to post id with the link next time when posting on forum.

Thanks moderator for the reminder.

Any sorry for my bad english.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

IMO, any video converter is not a good option. You would better get only 3gp video converter to convert videos into 3gp format.

You can try

http://www.3gpvideoconverter.org

The software is commercial but you can still get demo with 50% conversion before you buy it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

I respectfully disagree.

AnyVideoConverter is as good an option as the 3gpvideoconverter or Imtoo or Xilisoft or SUPER or FFMPEG or Videora or a ton of other different encoders.

Each one will have some Pros and Cons.

Each one will have problems with certain video types 

Each will create its own set of issues and learning curve

As a rule of thumb, commercial products are slightly easier to use than shareware, freeware or others. They are also less likely to include spyware or adware or other malware.

SUPER and FFMPEG seem to be some of the most stable ones. IMHO. if you don't want to pay.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi, try freeware iwisoft free video converter, it never disappointed me to convert videos to divx, xvid or mp4 for my cell phone and iPod.  :smileyhappy: It's quite easy to use, hope it also helps you.

http://www.easy-video-converter.com

Please use plain text.
Sage
zebarnabe

Handbreak and SUPER are the best on this area... HandBreak has internal codecs so results are a bit diferent for the same bitrates (faster encoding and good quality IMO)... SUPER has a good suport for subtitles and all kinds of codecs :smileytongue:
5800xm on a blender ... will happen sooner than expected.... v51 is a failure as an update .... v52 just postponed its fate....
Please use plain text.
Sage
imx2

agreed with el_loco SUPER is Superb i-m using this app for a long time and it works really great without losing the vdo quality and have a vast option for encoding..
¨Arm yourself because no one else here will save you¨
Please use plain text.