Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Videos Gallery display deleted files

Registered Member
AhmedOsama

Videos Gallery display deleted files

dears

i have nokia N8 , i have deleted some vidoes then i opened the videos gallery and  i found that the deleted vidoes still in the list but without preview and ofcourse can't be played since they are already deleted

so why it is sill in the list ?? how can i solve such problem ??

How can i update the videos gallery??

also could i set only one folder to be used for the videos gallery ?

thanks all

bye

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Re: Videos Gallery display deleted files

If the videos are saved in the memory card, try to remove the memory card then insert it back to the device. Have you tried connecting the phone to your PC and use either Mass Storage or Nokia Suite to check if the video files are there and delete them? If not, try doing so.

You may perform a soft reset. Go to Menu > Settings and Phone > Phone management > Factory settings > Restore. This will restore all the customizable settings back to its factory default. Why they are still on the list could be a software glitch so you may also try to re-install the software of the device to possibly solve the issue.  I don't think there's a separate update for the video gallery. Normally, this is included in general software updates for the said device.

Once a video is taken using the phone's camera, the phone will use the DCIM folder. If the video is coming from a different device or from a PC, you can save it under the Videos folder of either Mass memory or memory card.

It could be possible to use one folder for all the videos but it may be a tedious job. Since it is not recommended to copy the videos taken from a different device or from a PC to the DCIM folder, you will have to do the other way and that is to transfer the videos from the DCIM folder to the Videos folder every time you will use the phone to capture a video. I haven't tried it but it should be possible. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.