Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: how to upload to flickr using 5800

Registered Member

how to upload to flickr using 5800

I just bought a new Nokia 5800 phone. I was really excited to get my photos online. But when i opened the share online application there was no option of uploading to flickr. The only available options were Vox and NokiaBlog. I tried the configuration file available at http://www.flickr.com/help/nokia/ , but when I try to install the settings the phone says, "File is corrupted."

How do I get uploading to flickr working on my phone? 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hey there,

i am in the same situation. 

i have a new 5800 v20 and there is no way to upload photos on flickr. 

i saw that it is possible, because of this video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etaWOZnbg5I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthenokiablog.com%2F2009%2F04%2F03%2Fnok...

but how in the world could i achieve that???

3650>6600>E51>N82>5800>n82>?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lecuma123

If you are using a network locked version of the 5800 then the network may not allow you access to it. i have a vanillia 5800 on v 11 and it allows me to access flickr.

to do this clicked on the share online button, update service, then ovi, vox, and flickr became available

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i have an unlocked unbranded 5800 bought from nokia store. and only ovi and vox appear on a refresh of the services. i just hate nokia right now.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

My 5800 isn't locked either. I bought it from a Nokia Prioroty Dealer too. Strangely even on Flickr Nokia page ( http://www.flickr.com/nokia ) there is no mention of support for 5800 or shave online v 4. All the information therein pertains to just N series and share online v 3

I dont use any of the other services, and since i've already paid for a flickr premium account, 5800's lack of support for flickr is real sad for me. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

as you can see here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etaWOZnbg5I

both 5800 and share online 4.0 support flickr, also there are a lot of users that have the plugin, but nobody knows why. **bleep** nokia!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I cannot get my 5800 to connect to Flickr.

Flickr does appear in the list as an available online service, but when I try to activate it, the browser gets stuck at a blank page after entering my username and password.

I am 100% certain that I have entered the username and password correctly.

Is this a problem with the 5800's browser, or Flickr's web site? I've tried several times over the last few days and just can't get it to work.

Please use plain text.

I have exactly the same problem and I think it's could be the Flickr site that's the problem. I manged to activate my Flickr account on my 5800 with firmware version 20 in late March without any problem. By late April, I'd had to do a factory reset of my phone and, with exactly the same firmware, Flickr produced:
- first the basic WAP version of the site (which didn't link into the "Share Online" application)
- then the blank screen that you get.

When I switch from the browser back to "Share Online", the app just displays the message "Waiting for Browser", as if it can't communicate with the browser at all.
Please use plain text.

I just hit upon the same problem as you. So I did some minor tweaking to the confiiguration file and got it working for flickr on my nokia 5800 device.  Please download the modified the flickr configuration file from the link below.

Flickr configuration file for nokia 5800 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

thank you for this, i managded to install the plugin with te help of a foreignsim card. also, i changed my phone back to an n82. :smileyhappy:

on my n82, the plugin didn't exist also, so i had to install it with the help of the foreign sim card.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

This is the same problem I am having. And thanks for the solution. But now unfortunately we cannot download the config file you've posted because there was only a ten times limit.  Could you upload it again, please?  Or find some other way around.

This would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Richard. 

Please use plain text.

Hi Richard,

You can also download the flickr config file from this link. 

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahgb05e/n/flickr_configuration_file_cfg

Enjoy,

Vaibhav 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks Vaibhav, I have it working now. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
chrisinleedsuk

Another system to try is pixelpipe. It essentially seems to be a way of creating cfg files in a user friendly manner. It set up facebook, flickr and all sorts of sharing for me successfully.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Raiyansp

THANK YOU...THANK YOU VERY MUCH MAN! THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL THIS TIME! 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.