Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia 5230- transferring video to my laptop. i...

Registered Member
mindspring

nokia 5230- transferring video to my laptop. is ubunto operating system compatible with this phone? not working !

nokia 5230- transferring video to my laptop. is ubuntu operating system compatible with this phone? not working !

i have the ubuntu operating system on my laptop and when i plug in the cell phone's usb cord into laptop, message appears "could not lock phone". i cannot upload any video. can someone help? if they have suggestions? thank you!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Re: nokia 5230- transferring video to my laptop. is ubunto operating system compatible with this phone? not working !

[ Edited ]

Hi, mindspring. Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions. Which mode are you using to transfer your files? Have you tried to use Mass Storage? This should let you access your files on your phone and transfer them to your computer. If your computer also supports Bluetooth connectivity, this can be another option to transfer your files.

You can contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance and computer-related inquiries.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mindspring

Re: nokia 5230- transferring video to my laptop. is ubunto operating system compatible with this phone? not working !

tiny_chef wrote:

Hi, mindspring. Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions. Which mode are you using to transfer your files? Have you tried to use Mass Storage? This should let you access your files on your phone and transfer them to your computer. If your computer also supports Bluetooth connectivity, this can be another option to transfer your files.

You can contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance and computer-related inquiries.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your advice. It worked !! I was using "Media Transfer" mode and it didn't work. I should have been using "Mass Transfer" mode, which worked for me ! Thank you so much again !!

Have a great day!!

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Glad to hear that, mindspring. Feel free to post your Nokia-related concerns here. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.