Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

My C7 restarts very often - What should I do?

Mobile Guru
phonehacker

My C7 restarts very often - What should I do?

[ Edited ]

There are many complaints about S^3 devices that restart quite often. The most common cause of this problem is an old SIM, but there may be other causes as well. So here you may find out the reason your C7 restarts that frequently.

Try removing your SIM

First of all, to rule out the problem is your old SIM, try using your device without it for a day or two. If the problem gets solved, it signifies it was coming from your SIM and you have to replace it. Ask your operator about the cost. 

Try uninstalling some applications
If the SIM is not the problem, you may want to try uninstalling some of the applications that you have recently installed on your device. Also, remove any antivirus program from your phone, for it is completely useless. 

Check for new firmware updates
Updating your firmware resolves any issues that may be found in current firmware version as well as it keeps your device refreshed and up-to-the-minute. 

Re-format your device
If this issue does not get solved after a firmware update, you may have to re-format your phone: Dial *#7370# on your home screen and next, enter lock code. Bear in mind that phone and mass memory will be wiped out, so save your files on your computer or make a backup through Nokia Suite. 

Avoid exposing your device in extreme temperatures
Exposure to extreme conditions (for instance, exposure to the sun for long hours) can make an electronic device reboot. In addition to that, it is 'unhealthy' for the battery. 

Visit your nearest Nokia Care point
If everything fails, it is more likely to be a hardware problem. In this case, you have to take your device to a near Nokia Care point. Remember to bring your warranty proof with you.

I hope you will find this article helpful. Have a nice day!

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.