Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sync contacts and Calendars between a Mac and Wind...

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Sync contacts and Calendars between a Mac and Windows Phone

[ Edited ]

This post covers the procedure to sync your Mac calendar (iCal) and contacts (Address Book) with a Lumia family Windows Phone.

To sync your iCal calendar  and Mac address book with your Lumia you will have to create a link to any EAS(Exchange Active Sync) service like gmail or Hotmail. If you use just one calendar the easiest would be to sync to a Google calendar. If you use multiple calendars you will have to subscribe to them from your Microsoft account in order for all of them to sync to and from your Lumia.

Here is what to do:

• Sign on to Google Calendar with your Google/gmail account. Create one if required.
  • Click the down arrow next to the calendar you want to share on the left side of the browser window in the 'My Calendars' box and select 'Share this calendar'.
  • Click the green 'iCal' button next to 'Private Address' on the Google Calendar Details page.
  • Copy the URL (web address) on the pop-up window. This is your private calendar address and shouldn't be shared with anyone else since it shows all your events on Google Calendar.
  • Launch iCal in Mac OSX from your Dock, select 'Calendar' from the top menu and click on the 'Subscribe' option. Paste (control-V) the URL you copied into the 'Subscribe to:' field on the window that pops up and hit the 'Subscribe' button.
  • Type in the name of the calendar in the 'Name' field of the information window that pops up after you subscribed to your Google Calendar. You can also type in a description just below the 'Name' field. Click the check boxes next to 'Alarms,' 'Attachments,' and 'To Do items' if you don't want to import those things from Google Calendar. Also select a time interval from the 'Auto-refresh' drop-down box. This will tell iCal to refresh Google Calendar according to the time interval you selected.
  • Hit the 'OK' button. Your Google Calendar is now listed underneath 'Subscriptions' in the left pane of iCal's window.

For Mac addressbook:

• Launch Address Book
  • Click on the “Address Book” menu and select “Preferences”
  • Click on the “Accounts” tab
  • Select the “On My Mac” under the left accounts
  • Check the checkbox accompanying “Synchronize with Google”
  • Click on “Configure…”
  • Enter your Google Account login, click “OK”
  • Then click “Sync Now” from the menubar

Now create a Google account on your Lumia in Settings>email+accounts>add account 'Google' and you are all set.

If you have additional calendars on your Mac you'd like to sync you need to make Google calendars your 'main' calendar app and move all your calendars to Google Calendar;

• Export each calendar to an .ics file on your Mac. Import this file in Google calendar as a new calendar.
  • Flag each calendar under the dav preferences and cancel them on your Mac.
  • Subscribe to each calendar in http://calendar.live.com. Login with your Microsoft account
  • Use the private iCal URL from Google Calendar to subscribe.
  • When you sync your Microsoft account next on the Lumia all your calendars will be available on the phone.

If you choose to subscribe to all Google calendars on your Microsoft account make sure you deselect the option to sync calendars in the Google account settings on the Lumia.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them in the forum.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Sync contacts and Calendars between a Mac and Windows Phone

edit; changed LiveID to Microsoft account

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.