Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5130 xpressmusic firmware update

Registered Member

5130 xpressmusic firmware update

[ Edited ]

hello, i have nokia 5130 xpressmusic my curet software details are

v 5.80
18-12-08
RM-495
(c) Nokia 

i want to update the firmware to v6.65, i have installed nokia pc suite and the software updatr also, but i want to ask two things: 1st this 6.65 firmware does it have support for mid-east languages (arabic, urdu, persian) 2nd is it possible to download the updated firmware first and then connect phoen to update thru pc suit or software updater??? cuz there are frequent power outages where i live and i am afraid my mobile will suffer sever damage if i start updating and then during update the electricity goes out...so i want to download update first then install it in mobile thru laptop. please help

Message Edited by hasanz on 20-Jun-2009 01:58 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
siegfrid

Re: 5130 xpressmusic firmware update

Not possible to update with phone disconected!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

support for mid-eastern languages depends on your region, if you have installed the update and it does not contain the languages you require, then you can take your phone to your local Nokia Care Centre where they can install additional languages onto your phone. if you are having power outages where you live, then you should probably either take your phone to a friend's house who has reliable power or take it to your local Nokia Care Centre where they can perform the firmware upgrade for you. because it is not possible to install firmware offline, you need to have a constant Internet connection to perform the upgrade (well for Series40 phones like yours anyway)

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy:

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.

dont update your phone u will lose the bilt in phone memory it will be 4 mega free in the new soft
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello Everybody can someone help me i have my nokia5130 and when i was updating it to v5.80 to v6.65 my pc restarted and after then my cell is not geting on when i press power button it blinks and thats all i am so woried coz i just bought it 1 week plese tell me what should i do i am waiting.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

no daer its not possible ,but for nokia 5130 new software version is v7.91
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

hi...........help me please my nokia 5130xm is not updating from the software version v6.93 to v07.91. i cheak my product code but it says that "no update is available" please help me i need it ,i visit this link http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-updat... .......... but this is useless 
Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

Dhiman33 wrote:
hi...........help me please my nokia 5130xm is not updating from the software version v6.93 to v07.91. i cheak my product code but it says that "no update is available" please help me i need it ,i visit this link http://www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-updat... .......... but this is useless 

What do you mean you "need it"? Is your phone not working? The update will show in that link when it is available to you and not before. Some updates take 2-3 months to reach all markets. On some brandedphones, they are never available.

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

i have a little problem, when try to update the firmware with the updater is say that there is no more update so it get stand on the 5,60 but when i put the code on the page it tell me that is a new update, 5,80? i try on the update of pc suite and even y try on the ovi but both tell no new update,, can some1 xplain wat to do  get the new one?? and wat does the new update brings?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

hi........... i advice you to go to your nearest nokia care they update your software version

Please use plain text.

The Problem is that in my country panama the tegnology is not advance. -.-!! i like make thing by my own,, and if i go there i will cost and i dont like to pay for thing i can easily do.. sorry.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohsin1122

which is the latest frimware for nokia 5130 which is offically released by nokia and

can anyone tell how v7.91 of 5130 looks like is it look like nokia 2700 or like same/original(ie:-mail display)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kenice

Firmware 7.91 for Nokia 5130 is missing power saver options and the ability to set flash as screensaver..... In fact, you can't use anything as screensaver, as this option is completely missing.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

Yah I know , but active stand by option is very important ,hope in next update we will get this feature

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ashesh_xEs

heheh.... dude try using the GIF's file as the wallpapers it works GRT..!!! try making some on www.reddodo.com customize gifs :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ambonsoleh

I heard from other website that nokia will release the new firmware v.08.20 for nokia 5130 XpressMusic in the end of February or early March. The website stated that this firmware will comes up with a lot of features.

I hope it comes up with Maps and Active Standby, but the first point that i want most, please return the Screensavers and Power saver option and then speed up the music playback. (it is turn to very slow since i update my phone to v.07.91):smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

I hope it comes up with  Active standby , but 07.91 is very slow & I think nokia 5130 is not capable for maps because its internal memory is only 30 mb, nokia 6700 is also series 40 phone but its internal memory is 170 mb , so I think maps will not come in version 08.20

Please use plain text.

At The Moment i got 6.65 and im latin, does anyone can send me the link for the lasttTTT Firmware? i hope next update bring more volume for the phone,, and more equalizers..

and other think want to know at the moment with that firmware i got a 4gb sd, i want to now with the update 7. what is the capacity of  microsd, 8gb? 16gb?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ambonsoleh

hey dude.. it is possible for nokia to add maps in nokia 5130.

Nokia 5220 has 30 MB of internal memory too and it comes with maps !!

hmm.. please report to this dicussion forum if you have updated your 5130 into v.0820.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

By the way: even Nokia 2730 has Maps s40, so i can`t see any problems to include Maps in to 5130 XM.

Please use plain text.