Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5220XM Jpn Support

Contributor
vbkun

5220XM Jpn Support

Well Anyone knows if i can get japanese at this phone?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: 5220XM Jpn Support

You can have a Nokia Care Center add a Japanese language pack into the phone. Just take it to them for the service.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkun

And when the local care center from nokia isn't qualified to that what should i try?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I am not sure what you mean by not qualified, but apart from this there is no other "legal" way of doing so. Any method you may find in the net could invariably void your warranty and may be a cause for Nokia to reject all possible future repairs to your phone.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkun

Ok That's what i wanted to know =) if there was any other legal method =) What i got here at nokia care center, and that i described as "not qualified" was an answer like: "You want support for what? Is that possible ? You should have import a phone" So i roughly mentioned that as "not qualified =).
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I think you guys had a language barrier or misunderstanding. Ask them like this:

"Could I have a Japanese Language Pack installed onto my phone?"

However, seeing that the 5220 is a java phone, I think chances are low that language packs for it may be doable. It wont harm to try though.
Please use plain text.