Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 FW 40.0.005 is available!!!!!!!!

Mobile Guru
grayburn

5800 FW 40.0.005 is available!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Get checking NSU people, update not available OTA.

Kinetic scrolling, new homescreen and the keyboard switches automatically to full screen QWERTY when you tilt it and contact carousel and music widget like the 5530.

[URL=][IMG]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6943/41166506.png[/IMG][/URL]

First Screenshot

[URL=][IMG]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9564/scr000002vs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Message Edited by grayburn on 13-Jan-2010 03:05 PM
Message Edited by grayburn on 13-Jan-2010 03:08 PM
Message Edited by grayburn on 13-Jan-2010 03:09 PM
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

Of course............... Europe gets it first. I suppose that is fair. I wonder if Nokia will make us NAM users wait months like last time..............  :smileysad:
If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Hey Guys,

The new firmware is ready to update on you Nokia 5800

For all most all the product codes, APAC, EURO & MENA,

Note: Those who have not got for their product code, Do not waste time. Go to Nokia Care and Do it.

Waiting is Over, Atlast nokia give the user the perfect answer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

The firmware update is unavailable. Im using Nokia 5800 Black v21.0.025

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
clintonjeff

Yup, new firmware out today. Apparently it adds Kinetic scrolling everywhere (except the main menu), adds the contacts bar (from the Nokia 5530), ovi contacts and a faster ui overall.

via [ http://zomgitscj.com/nokia-5800-xpressmusic-gets-firmware-update-to-version-40-0-005/ ]

Mobile News, Reviews and More : http://UnleashThePhones.com/
Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

lvvine wrote:

Hey Guys,

The new firmware is ready to update on you Nokia 5800

For all most all the product codes, APAC, EURO & MENA,

Note: Those who have not got for their product code, Do not waste time. Go to Nokia Care and Do it.

Waiting is Over, Atlast nokia give the user the perfect answer.

No, you cannot go to a Nokia Care Center anywhere and get an update just because it is available somewhere. When the NAM phones are offered the update if you cannot update then, the Nokia Care Center may do it for you, but if it is not yet released for your phone they will not update it. The only exception is if the update has been approved, but the internet database has not yet been updated. At best that is a 1-2 day window where the care center might have it but the database still hasn't been updated.

If I have helped you with your problem in some way, please take a little time and hit the kudos button in my post. Without your feedback, I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

its not ready for RM-428 US version as of yet.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I don't think I can get the update.

My phone is stuck at v21.0.025,

Product code: 0588649

Type: Nokia 5800 RM-356 Middle-East_North Africa AE Ramadan KSA Black Silver v1

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Reputedly it is unhackable .

So if you have hacked software it will not work anymore .

jje

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

jjegan wrote:

Reputedly it is unhackable .

So if you have hacked software it will not work anymore .

jje

What does this have to do with the update or the posts?

Please use plain text.
Professor
patruns

Chuck09 wrote:

I don't think I can get the update.

My phone is stuck at v21.0.025,

Product code: 0588649

Type: Nokia 5800 RM-356 Middle-East_North Africa AE Ramadan KSA Black Silver v1

No, you are still stuck with v21.............. sorry..................

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

What does this have to do with the update or the posts?

Basically to stop anybody looking for help who has UPDATED the firmware on a hacked phone .

Thats what it has to do with the update update adds some and takes away some .

I don't know if I am being helpful or should just be put out to pasture.

jje

Please use plain text.
Sage
zomgdude

it practically has nothing to do with this forum, since there's no section for "help, i'm using hacked apps"
If, from time to time, I actually give a good advice, please click on the Kudos icon, I have cookies and free hats!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

oky this is amazind new software

but its also without arabic >>>>>>>>>>>>>why ??????????

please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

abed, if your languages have changed after a software update, it means that your phone was modified unofficially to add extra languages before you bought it. When the phone is updated or reset, that modification is undone and the original languages are the only ones you can get. Whoever you bought the phone from may be able to help put the language back in, or a care point might do it.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

patruns Nokia care do get the firmware, they download directly from the Nokia service servers its ment for only Nokia

Care's. Its is best option to get updated from  Nokia Care if they do not have for their codes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

does that mean I can't get the update at all?
Please use plain text.
Professor
hgohel

Anyone with v40 firmware tried out the VOIP settings v3.1 to see if the "missing" (i.e. unsupported) "Net settings" menu is available with this firmware?  Fingers crossed!
Lumia 920, Lumia 800
Nokia N8-00 (NAM, Product Code: 059C8T6), Symbian Belle, Type RM-596, 111.030.0609
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (NAM, Product Code: 0577454) Software v51.2.007, Type RM-428
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks mr sockatume 

its realy

my phone when i updated it from 21 to 31 then to 40 its language change from arabic to the nederland language

well

i will go to the nokia care point and i cheak that

oky

thank

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
grayburn

[ Edited ]

clintonjeff wrote:

Yup, new firmware out today. Apparently it adds Kinetic scrolling everywhere (except the main menu), adds the contacts bar (from the Nokia 5530), ovi contacts and a faster ui overall.

via [ http://zomgitscj.com/nokia-5800-xpressmusic-gets-firmware-update-to-version-40-0-005/ ]

I posted most of this in the first post, what is the point in posting the info again?

Message Edited by grayburn on 14-Jan-2010 11:36 AM
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Please use plain text.