Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 FW V20.0... is not available any more!

Advisor

5800 FW V20.0... is not available any more!

Previously there was an update (v20.0..) through NSU for my nokia 5800 XpressMusic (Product code- 0570201). I wanted to update today but NSU said that no update is available. Why this occured? How can I update now? My current version 11.0.008 is full of bug (sound, video, restart problem). I want to get ride of it. Even there is no FOTA update for this code. Help me please. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shayesta

maybe Nokia have decided to take it off NSU as it has many faults than previous firmware. just be patient and new firmware will be put on NSU when Nokia is finished making the new update. Seriously stay on the v11 firmware i made mistake updating mine to v20 as these bugs are annoying sometimes.
If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N96 (v20.050 / RM-247)
Please use plain text.
Sage
gbabia

gsm1771 wrote:
Previously there was an update (v20.0..) through NSU for my nokia 5800 XpressMusic (Product code- 0570201). I wanted to update today but NSU said that no update is available. Why this occured? How can I update now? My current version 11.0.008 is full of bug (sound, video, restart problem). I want to get ride of it. Even there is no FOTA update for this code. Help me please. Thanks in advance.

Nokia Software Updater planned maintenance break - 17 Feb 06:00-07:00GMT

There will be a short maintenance break on Tuesday morning, during which time the Nokia Software Updater service will not be available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Nokia C7-00 V 024.001
Nokia E52-1 V 081.003
Nokia 6700 classic V 13.10
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluedav

I've had the same problem.

If I go to "Can I update" on nokia web site I says the latest version for me (0559346, Nokia 5800 Blue, UK from nokia.co.uk) V20.0.012 (pic attached.)

But when I try and update on NSU it says Latest is V11.0.009 (pic attached)

Must be so many bugs that they've removed it from there server.

I've Emailed asking if this is the case and just waiting for a reply!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
shayesta

two reasons why v20 is NOT available:

Nokia have taken the v20 off NSU due to the firmware being really buggy.

Underneath your battery it will show you your product code, but inside the system of your phone your Product Code must have been altered by the company/person were you purchased the phone from so therefore it giving you different views one saying firmware v20 is available and other saying its not available.

Hope that helps... :smileyvery-happy:

If you find my post useful then click on
Kudos!
Nokia N96 (v20.050 / RM-247)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bluedav

Finally got v20.0.012 onto my phone. My product code on the back of the phone says 0559346 but got my phone checked and it had 0579934 code flashed onto it, and this phone came straight from nokia uk online shop. Got it changed back and now updated to V20.

Found out that 0559346 is British isle version and 0579934 is UK version.

Does anyone know the difference?

Nokia 5800 Blue UK

V20.0.012

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I also got mine from the Nokia UK shop and it has product code 0579934 (it's blue). The other one is probably just from an older batch that was dispatched to Ireland as well? Dunno. I've flashed mine with non-UK software anyway as I need to use foreign characters and T9.  
Please use plain text.