Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 Software Release - Still Not Available

Mobile Visionary
zoro06

what's your product code?

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LowLife

Another unsatisfied cutomer here - Product code 0575581 - UK unbranded - still no sign of the V4 update.

*Sings* Why are we waiting, why are we waiting... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I do have a question. There have been instances in my country wherein a software update (v31for 5800 in particular) was not yet released via FOTA nor NSU, but it was available in several Nokia Care Centers since they had it in CD format. Have you guys tried going to the NCCs for update?

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Latest available software for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575581 Version: 31.0.101 Compare numbers If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements. Go to Nokia Software Updater download
Please use plain text.
Advisor

and still waiting! Enter your product code: Go Latest available software for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575581 Version: 31.0.101 Compare numbers If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements. Go to Nokia Software Updater download
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guess what!! Latest available software for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575581 Version: 31.0.101 Compare numbers If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements PLEASE UPDATE IT NOKIA!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

PLEASE UPDATE IT NOKIA!!

Why dont you conatct Nokia its pointless asking fellow phone users to update your firmware .

Before you do update when it arrives if it does or not  and with no guarantee that it will .

Check theinstructions for use of new firmware as usual story iz

I Want I Want  new firmware  followed by i dont like it  can i roll back   etc etc .

jje

Please use plain text.
Contributor

For unbranded phones, Nokia should just release the update as soon as it's available. Something is wrong with their update mechanism if they have to tweak the update manually for each combination of customizations. I don't see how it's a good idea to tie them in so deep. Nothing much that can be done for branded phones unless Nokia takes control away from the network operators' hands.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

I would guess that their is a part of the story missing .

Passed by country OK

Passed by Operator OK

Unbranded  phone  needs no operator pass  just has to wait for country pass . But often the unbranded  of a specific country is behind the branded  .

So you end up with no logical path . The current list of available firmware makes no sense as regards to why pc xxxxx has it and pc xxxxb does not have it .

I have an unbranded phone country variant  UK   sim free but with Virgin UK  . I can have a latest firmware for  Virgin UK CV phone   just carries a Virgin boot up screen  rest of the firmware 100% the same  good job i dont rely on Nokia for my breakfast but cook it myself .

jje

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Latest available software for  Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575581
Version:  31.0.101

Compare numbers
If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements

HELP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

There is no legit help available . Did you try a Nokia Care Centre .

jje

Please use plain text.
Advisor
wildwood081

I have a 5800 bought from the carphone warehouse/orange. the problem i have and its driving me mad is i cannot ugrade from the 31 update, i have emailed Nokia and they just redircted me to the updating page, still wont work. How come some do and some dont?? its confusing and right pain Code is 0575581

does anyone on the forums have any advice

cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@wildwood

You have a UK country variant phone

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Latest available software for  Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, product code 0575581
Version:  50.0.005

Compare numbers
If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements

Hoooorrrrayyyyyy - thanks Nokia

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnnyGabe

Congrats....I still have to wait for v 50 :smileyindifferent:.... I have the v40 ....but...the waiting drives me crazy...:smileysad: ..... This sucks...Nokia !!! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You're barking up the wrong tree mate. Probably your network provider sucks.

Please use plain text.