Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800 firmware

Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

5800 firmware

HELP ME!!!!

I have nokia 5800 XM with RM 356 and with the v30 firmware....

I know that the latest firmware for nokia 5800 is v50 so i decided to update mw firmware via NSU....

It all went well with only one problem....

IT SAID THAT THE LATEST FIRMWARE FOR MY PHONE IS V30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to have the v50 firmware!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?!?!

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: 5800 firmware

I dont know what you are trying to say   .9 its all those big capito;s )

You cannot update past v3  ??? or that is the last update for your phone .

What does NSU  say is the latest for your phone   or put your product code in the update check .

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

That will tell you the latest firmware for your phones product code .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Try OTA or OVI if its still not there:

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

But my friend has already has the v50....
why can't I....??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

oh ya....
I've already try the OTA but every time i want to configure the server profile it's always written "operation time-out" although my internet connection is working....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Then use Ovi Suite. Doesnt matter if your friend already has it. He may very well have a phone with a different product code.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

Ovi Suite??
Please teach me how to use it, won't you????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Download it, install it, connect your phone, click on update, select update. Basically Ovi Suite is more of an idiot's software IMO. There's instructions and prompts everywhere. Annoying sometimes.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

From where can I download it??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

Hey, i have checked my latest available software and it is v30!!!!!
Then how could I get the v50??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

.Well, it should be on the CD that came when you bought the phone. When you install it, you will be prompted to download the newest version.

Also, if you look closely at the top of this webpage, there's something written that reads "download software"

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

How about this problem??

Hey, i have checked my latest available software and it is v30!!!!!
Then how could I get the v50??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You dont. Any method found on the net to circumvent this voids your warranty and is grounds for Nokia to refuse to service your phone whether within or outside warranty.

Reasons why a phone cannot update:

1. It is a country variant - country variants often get the updates later, or have updates skipped altogether. A Turkish country variant product code for example, skipped v40 and updated from v31 straight to v50.

2. It is network branded - phones acquired from network providers or these providers' stores SIM free are branded, and will not get updates until the networks approve and modify the updates to their liking.

3. Special editions - These special editions are chartered editions and may never get updates unless taken to a Nokia Care center.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

so that means that i can't have a v50 nokia 5800??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You'll just have to wait.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

so that means that i can't have a v50 nokia 5800??

The official answer would be no  but as with anything Google is your friend .

jje    5800xm v8

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

If v30 is the last update of my phone does it means that i can't have more than v30??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

why do i have to wait??
and why can your 5800 have the v50 and why mine can't?!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Did you read the post In posted above? The reasons are stated there. You have to wait if it will be released for your phone's product code.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kelvin_pangeran

Can i know when will it be released??
Please use plain text.