Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 xm unable to update to 60.0.003

PerwezC

5800 xm unable to update to 60.0.003

[ Edited ]

i'm from india & not able to update my 5800xm from firmware 52.0.007 to 60.0.003 plz help me

Moderator: We have removed the personal email that you have provided in your post. It is not recommended to post this in the public forums, but you can use the private messaging function provided.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You mean the OVI Suite is not showing the availability ?  Will have to wait till its released for your device Product Code.. Not yet available for my Nokia 5800xm too...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Think that you will only find via FOTA at the moment but I got very strange message first time and had to re-install v57.0.007 before it would let me update for some unknown reason!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not even thru' FOTA yet ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem. What helped is that you have to reinstall your fw (52.0.007) with Ovi suite, or NSU, and than update it by FOTA.

New update is still not available over NSU.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not there even after re-installing 52.0.007

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I had update this morning, around 8. My product code is 0559299 (Balkans Red). Maybe it's still not available for all product codes. Is it available over NSU or ovi suite?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

pasmater wrote:

I had update this morning, around 8. My product code is 0559299 (Balkans Red). Maybe it's still not available for all product codes. Is it available over NSU or ovi suite?

Thats what I had mentioned in my First post here... Still not available to me too...

Please use plain text.
Advisor

The phone popped up a message saying an update is available.  When I select update, it says "processing" for a bit and then just shows an ! mark next to the update in the list.  No error message.

PC Suite says there's no update!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

! mark may be for Important update.. Don't you get the option to Download / Install as per screen shot attached by aspergerguy

Please use plain text.
Advisor

No - I don't get that option.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

If I go into the phone information and get to the "device updates" page and do "check for update". I get "Connection error". Web browsing works fine - I'm on WiFi
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Check your connection setting in device update. Maybe it's set on wap?

Please use plain text.
kristaov

I have exactly the same problem.. In software update it says "Processing..." for a short while and then.. nothing. When typing *#0000# and then updating it says "Connection error".. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

pasmater - you're right.  There's only a Tmobile setting in there and I don't have a Tmobile card in there currently (and it says "not configured" anyway)!  Any idea what the settings would be for WiFi?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Under server profiles edit and change default connection to user defined, and just check your wifi network or internet.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Tried that but as the connection is not configured anyway, it says I must configure it. Then it asks for a user name and password. Are you sure this should work over WiFi? Looks like this OTA stuff is for operator updates. My SIM isn't even for T-Mobile! I did put my T-mobile SIM back in but it didn't work - I hadn't done the config step that time though. Perhaps I'll wait for Ovi Suite system to get working!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Now it asks me what connection do I want, but before updating to v60 I could change what connection to use. It works over wifi, but I'm not sure now how to change it. Try plaing with settings of default connection. Set to always ask.

Please use plain text.
Dhillonj

within a week or two u wil b able to update your device to 60.0.003
and if u still cant wait for this its better u contact ur nearest Nokia Customer care coz they have got the latest software version 60.0.003 for 5800 devces
Please use plain text.
Schintzel

Thanks pasmater. I was having the processing message then nothing problem and your solution worked for me.

Please use plain text.