Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6110 Navigator Bug List - Nokia Fix These Plea...

Advisor
nugget

Re: 6110 Navigator Bug List - Nokia Fix These Please!

[ Edited ]
:smileysad:

I can't blame the people who sold me the phone but I'll let them know exactly what i think of it! I hope you get yours sorted soon mate.

Message Edited by nugget on 14-Nov-2008 02:29 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage

Jangb and Raekwon.

Please check your private messages. If you can't see them you need to register and login.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
raekwon

I just answered your message alien, thanks :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Sage

And I answered you back :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello,

I also made the update to 6.01 for my 6110 navigator.
Everything is ok BUT i have a big problem with the battery.

Before the update the battery last for 3-4 days.
After the update to 6.01 the battery only last 24 hours.
(with no GPS enabled)

What to do ?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

19-Nov-2008 04:46 PM
bluebear911 wrote:
I also made the update to 6.01 for my 6110 navigator.
..Before the update the battery last for 3-4 days.
After the update to 6.01 the battery only last 24 hours.
(with no GPS enabled)

Is a shorter battery life noticed by other v6.01 users?
Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

yes i noticed that too. i guess there are a few more processes running in the background. also i think there is less memory left at the startup of the phone.
however the nokia navigator itselfs boots faster (even with a 16gb microsdhc-card).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

And still no ideea to make the battery last 3-4 days like before updating to 6.01?

I went to a nokia service and they told me this: the phone is decalibrated because of the update made with pcsuite !!!

Come on.....it's an update from nokia.....

If it's true...then it sucks a lot !
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nugget

I got mine back yesterday and so far it's working again as it should. Mate if yours is still under warranty then take it to a retailer with the proof of purchase and tell them you want it repaired.
Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

indeed my also still has power for about 3 days.
it really is ridiculous, that they said to you that the battery was recalibrated due to the update over nokia pc suite (in fact it is Nokia software updater anyway, nokia pc suite is not really the right thing). if that was the case, then nokia did again something unbelievable there.

i guess your battery has a real high wearlevel (the battery has a limited lifetime, might be just about 1000 load-cycles, sometimes much more, sometimes much less).
i guess this is still covered by nokia warranty. i would not say anything about the software, but simply tell them about the dramatically reduced standby-time.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Has anyone established what bugs V6 has fixed?
Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

here is the list: /discussions/board/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=41188#M41188
might be incomplete and partly wrong, but at least a beginning. maybe we should start a new topic with the remaining bugs in 6.01.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Let's continue from her so that this post remains as a shame list for Nokia.
Please use plain text.

i've a new bug, the clock date is changing by itself
this happens after an alarm, even if the alarm is not linked to workdays.
I updated 10 days ago through NSU, the updating was without any warning; then I tried resetting the phone (*#7370#) and yesterday re-installing the 6.01 newly on NSU.. this morning, a few minutes after the clock-alarm the date changed to friday
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bartmenkul

This is a bug the old firmware had.

And, you might be suprised to hear, the same one which the new navigator model has also, the 6210N.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Hi everone,

Here's one I discovered during my journey to the UK.

All I did was to change the phone time from GMT+2 to GMT. After two days I realised that the calendar was somehow set for one week ago by the phone itself. Wierd!

And when I correctec it manually, Today items were not showing until the next day.
Please use plain text.

the date changes only if:
- the phone is off where the alarm fires
- you answer yes to turn on the phone after the alarm
- now turn off and switch on the phone and the date has been moved

the same occurs even if you don't turn off and switch on the phone, it is enough to wait some minutes.

It does't occur if you answer no to the "turn on the phone" question after the alarm and you turn on the phone manually later.
Crazy! and this is the 6.01.. think at the 1.0 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage

Well yes strange that is. Even stranger the way Nokia engineers brains work!
Please use plain text.
Sage

Just got rid off my Nokia C7K carkit. Got myself a Pioneer AVIC Navigation system with a parrot bluetooth kit in. Works like a charm.

Moral of the story:

Nokia 6110N won't work with Nokia Carkits. Try third party devices. Funny!
Please use plain text.
Sage
laxlex

It is just unbelievable what nokia is doing here. their main problem seems to be the preinstalled route66mobile8, instead oof the overprized nokia maps2.
for all those who want to have the newest route66mobile8, here comes the solution:
first, open nokia navigator go to extras, and sync all licences over gprs). close the program, download the newest "update" from route66 for route66mobile8 and simply install it. now start that program, go to extras again and sync licences again. you will now get all your licences on route66mobile8, that you have in "nokia navigator" too, except for the first preinstalled map that came along with the phone. then you have at least always the newest route66mobile8 version with all the bugfixes, the new extras as for example navigation towards coordinates.
you then need to copy the voices manually from the nokia navigator folder (hidden on memory card), as also your streetmap and safetycams and whatever to the corresponding folders on route66mobile 8.
if you lateron connect the phone to route66sync, the program just detects always nokia navigator itself, so if it updates something, you have to copy those files again manually in the appropriate routee66mobile-folder.

if nokia would simply add in the new firmware the normal route66mobile8 version so that we get updates too, and route66-sync software would work with that, it would be much easier. and we should be able to give another function to the "navigation" button. but that is also locked on other nokia phones to nokia maps2.

NOKIA WE STILL KEEP WAITING FOR AN UPDATE, THAT MAKES THIS PHONE (AVAILABLE NOW FOR 1 YEAR!) AT LEAST USUABLE (6.01 was just a funny joke-firmware to fix the security hole you had on all phones)! WE LISTED THE BUGS, BUT YOU SIMPLY IGNORE US! THANKS FOR THIS, WE KEEP THAT IN MIND!
Please use plain text.