Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6500 classic firmware upgrade

6500 classic firmware upgrade

Hi,
I've tried to upgrade the firmware of my nokia 6500 classic phone with the help of the installed Nokia Software Updater(v.1.4.70en) but it shows there's no new update available (Current ver.: 3.21, Update ver.: 3.21)
I'd checked the "Can I update" section in nokia site beforehand and found the latest available software for nokia 6500 classic version number of which is 06.61.
There is any way to get Nokia Software Updater to recognise a newer version of firmware.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: 6500 classic firmware upgrade

is it a provider issued phone? if it is, it is possible that your provider had not approved yet of the latest firmware version, so you may have to wait or contact your provider. sometimes a provider may unlock your phone so that you could get the latest firmware but there is no guarantee and it is always the providers call what they are willing to do
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Yes, it is the provider who issued the phone and I'm gonna ask them about the unlocking. But the question still is why my PC's Nokia Software Updater will not recognise the newer version of firmware.
Thanks for the reply.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have the same problem with my vodafone supplied 6500c phone. The product code of my phone is 0556088 and apparently 3.21 is still the latest approved software by Vodafone. I have contacted Vodafone this morning, explained the issue and am awaiting a call back.
Please use plain text.