Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Additional Belle User Documentation

Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Additional Belle User Documentation

Something this forum could benefit by, is a "page" of additional user documentation to help people who have upgraded to Nokia Belle.  This would include tips, suggestions, solutions, all in one place and easy to find.

That's the purpose of this thread. 

If you have someting to add, please post it in a single paragraph, under an appropriate heading.  Someone can go through this thread every so often, and compile a listing of everything that has been added.  As for people using this forum, they could copy it and email it if needed, or simply print it out as additional user documentation.  Perhaps Nokia will even add it to the official documentation.

Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

FOLDER VIEW FOR MESSAGES

For those who want folders view as default go to MENU -> MESSAGES -> OPTIONS (lower right corner) -> VIEW FOLDERS -> again OPTIONS (lower right corner) -> MESSAGE VIEW -> INBOX. That way all new messages will open in inbox and folders are visible by default.

HOW TO REINSTALL LOST APPS FROM BELLE UPGRADE

Connect the phone to your pc as mass memory. Then go to the folder "private" and search for *.sis files. Copy the files to a new folder on mass memory, disconnect the phone from pc and run the *.sis files in the new folder. The installation starts and you can see the name of the app. Press OK and the installation runs and everything is like before. The icons of the apps are in the menu and the game savings are also there.

(Please add other useful information to this thread, both for all of us to find, and hopefully for Nokia to provide as additional documentation.)

Registered Member
chiahuey

Also search for *.jad files (some apps use those instead of .sis)

Professor
Mike_Myers_N8

Possible solution for

When on a call there is no timer showing call duration.

For people who want in-call duration-Go to Menu -> Settings -> Calling -> Call -> Show Call Duration -> Yes.

Registered Member
Wessy70

Hi Could someone please help!!  I have upgraded to Belle on N8 and when I come to text the keys are so small its nearly impossible, is there any way of reverting back to the larger keys that had multiple letters associated with each one as I found that so much earier.  Thanks

Counsellor
avalx

Mike_Myers_N8 wrote:

FOLDER VIEW FOR MESSAGES

For those who want folders view as default go to MENU -> MESSAGES -> OPTIONS (lower right corner) -> VIEW FOLDERS -> again OPTIONS (lower right corner) -> MESSAGE VIEW -> INBOX. That way all new messages will open in inbox and folders are visible by default.

This does NOT work for me - when a new message arrives still the conversation view is displayed when openig Messaging????

Counsellor
avalx

I'm also wondering if there exist some kind of User Manual (PDF?) for Nokia Belle apart from the user guide on the phone?

Sage
roope70

Mike_Myers_N8 wrote:HOW TO REINSTALL LOST APPS FROM BELLE UPGRADE

Connect the phone to your pc as mass memory. Then go to the folder "private" and search for *.sis files. Copy the files to a new folder on mass memory, disconnect the phone from pc and run the *.sis files in the new folder. The installation starts and you can see the name of the app. Press OK and the installation runs and everything is like before. The icons of the apps are in the menu and the game savings are also there.

That doesn't help with my C7-00. I have no folder Private, and e.g. the only .sis file I find with the search for Angry Birds Rio in the whole Mass Memory is an old version that fails to install.