Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: After Anna default nokia N8 theme missing, and...

Contributor
BorekLodz
Accepted Solution

After Anna default nokia N8 theme missing, and no wallpapers in Mignight themes

Hi

After updating to Anna default theme for Nokia is missing(blue buttons, grass wallpapers) which I beloved and was really grate.

After restarting after installation I got only midnigts themes but without wallpapers. As a result it was really ugly and my expierence was really low.

N8, update fom PR1.2, update using Software Updates(OTA)

What I did:

1. First update using SU, only one update available

2. After restarting it found 2 Annas updates

3. Install it,

N8 default theme missing, no midnight wallpapers

4. Factory reset

5. No N8 default theme

6 2 parts Anna updates availabe again in SU app

7 Install it and restart to make phone

I want my N8 theme back, COuld you drop it on Ovi store that I could download it or make some SU with it

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BorekLodz

Re: After Anna default nokia N8 theme missing, and no wallpapers in Mignight themes

btw: before I had already installed midnight themes so at first time there were doubled.

I installed it on mass memory

Language: Polish

Please use plain text.
cosphi

Re: After Anna default nokia N8 theme missing, and no wallpapers in Mignight themes

[ Edited ]

I also miss that nice N8 default theme...
At this time my N8 is installing the two Anna updates.

Language: German

Do you remember the Name of the nice blue Theme?

Edit:

Have a look on that page i found on the web: http://blog.logonaniket.com/all-default-themes-from-s3-phones

Edit2:

That nice blue Theme isn't in that package you can download in that link above. :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lasiru

I have a Nokia C7 and I have the same problem. I really love that original Symbian^3 theme. And there are no wallpapers for the Midnight theme either.

Please use plain text.
cosphi

Sorry, i can't edit my old post.

Install the Nokia theme Black from http://blog.logonaniket.com/all-default-themes-from-s3-phones

So you get the blue buttons. On the homescreen you can choose options (down on the left side) and you can change the background to the grass one. On the 2nd screen to the firework and on the 3rd to northern lights.

Only the icons are still getting used to.
Please use plain text.
Sage
nokton12

are the nokia themes with animated wallpapers are all gone in anna?

Nokia N9 Black
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Daban

[ Edited ]

same thing  no wallpaper with anna only a black screen, and annd killing a battery i don't know if it is only me but my battery running out so soon on my N8 now

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mauro_b

Hi, I'think that the name of theme that you are looking for is "Nokia Theme Black".

I also had the same problem when updated my software to Anna. After the Update I downloaded the missing themes from http://blog.logonaniket.com/all-default-themes-from-s3-phones and installed the themes again.

After that in the menu settings->Themes->General, select "Nokia Theme Black" and you will get back the previous look and feel.

The original wallpaper name is "GrassandSky.jpg" and I also found it on the internet.

Good luck!!

PD: I attached the wallpaper to simplify your life...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I also want my nice grass picture & theme back, I've downloaded the themes but where do they go on my N8? I'm assuming I just copy them from PC to N8?

Thnaks
Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: After Anna default nokia N8 theme missing, and no wallpapers in Midnight themes

ok I've installed Nokia theme black,  the picture's back but not keen on the icons, too cartoony. I liked the icons as they were, can anyone suggest a theme that might give me icons similar to the original pls?

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kiwiphil

Better off without the upgrade if you ask me! I just upgraded and a lot of functions have stopped working properly. My themes have just disappeared and the phone often locks up.

I had the N8 as soon as it was released in the UK and it was FULL of problems, returned within a week for a replacement N8. The second phone was fine and caused me few problems......until this upgrade, now it is really bad again. I am now trying to remove the upgrade as in my view it is rubbish, buggy and too unstable!

I think companies are too quick to release upgrades and updates without making sure they are stable and even wanted by their customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

oh dear, mine's ok so far, apart from some useful features being taken out.

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blueglassanna

software update lose blue grass anna theme
Please use plain text.
shijoalex

but the icons are still the same bad looking anna icons. please bring back to my old nice looking icons for n8.

Please use plain text.