Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Anna for Telstra Australia Released!!!!

Counsellor
jlangmaid

Anna for Telstra Australia Released!!!!

Finally i get up this morning and my laptop is saying V25 for my N8 is available

059D059 - Silver Telstra (i believe) I can't see the screen as Nokia suite is currently updating it.

15 mins remaining woohoo

My phone was connected via bluetooth when i warned me of this update, but required USB to actually do it... Now i thought i'd just use OTA which doesn't work...  So i'm using USB method now.

25.007 Nokia test screen just appeared.

- Cheers and FINALLY~!!!!

Can't wait. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Updated! Sorry product code is:
059D776

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Pretty slick :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Danbryant78

Dammit, not released for my Telstra n8 - product code 059C199

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Telstra I think it will be available soon.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Danbryant78 wrote:

its looks like you have software version 11.012 on your phone is that right.??? You may have to take it to Nokia to have that updated. Or send your product code to Skyee in a PM. But that was a really old version. I'm guessing you have never updated the phone, if that version is correct.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

i had v11 as Telstra never approved an update after that. I had a feeling that since i couldn't update over the air that everyone else would have issues.

Should i have this update or is it a accident?

Fact is my product code is that of the picture and i legitimately updated via Nokia pc suite.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Danbryant78

[ Edited ]

jraduga wrote:

Danbryant78 wrote:

its looks like you have software version 11.012 on your phone is that right.??? You may have to take it to Nokia to have that updated. Or send your product code to Skyee in a PM. But that was a really old version. I'm guessing you have never updated the phone, if that version is correct.

That's right - 011.012 from 2010-09-18 - I've been trying to update via Ovi quite regularly in the 12 months that I've had the phone, but no joy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@Danbryant78

059C199 is a special "My Place" edition N8 released by Telstra. I'd be surprised if an update was ever released for that.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Danbryant78

So am I absolutely stuck with what I've got? or can Nokia force some sort of update on it if I kick up a stink?

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

ok so heres the news from telstra

TELSTRA:

There are a couple issues to cover here:

1. The N8 Anna software was approved last Thursday 24th November
  2. We have followed-up with Nokia and they are expected to make the software available on the Ovi site from this Friday 2nd December,  but are requesting they bring this date forward for you
  3. The updating of the upgrade page is being reviewed – we have engaged with the Digital team to improve this process.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

os yes the update is coming for all telstra varients including 059C199
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Good news Andrew. Finally all will be able to use Anna.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

I don't understand why i got it then. Right place at the right time?

Anyway, not sure why my phone is now using 2 battery charges a day and i'm not even using it! Thought Anna was more conservative???

Very happy with the webbrower :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bushaven

Battery life with Anna can be resolved by following 7 steps outlined when you google how to increase Nokia N8 battery life. I have tripled my battery life at least and I make huge amounts of calls for business. Black screen with out wallpaper helps icons stand out and conserves heaps of battery power. Dont know why I ever put up with the confusion of wallpapers and colour. Turn off auto hook up of WLANS,  turn off Blue tooth and close all apps when not in use and if you run in power saving mode and turn it off when you dont want it to time out within 10 seconds you will be amazed at the battery life. I am charging at nite, making 40 to 50 busines calls during the day, some of these 10 minutes plus and getting to 7.30 at nite with 70% plus battery life. No frills but no power worries, Love N8, love battery life and love the simplicity and clarity and love Anna. It is called management of your phone and mine is lean and mean but I can do everything I want at my command. My battery outlasts Iphones and others around me. Yesterday I played music for 6 hours constant with the FM transmitter turned on and my batter got down to 51%. When managed properly this phone is awesome.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

omg omg its here for the 059C199 telstra varient.... now to let it install
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

ok where is the 2 package
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

I'm very glad to see thats nokia have ameliorated symbian anna..
Please use plain text.