Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

Advisor
Eoma

same issue here, but Office, Adobe LE, communicator and social installs. 

FYI, i updated Anna via Ovi Suite and the 1/2 and 2/2 packages via Software Update on the N8 (had to change the date for the updates to even appear). 

Left are 

Anna 1/2 (6205KB)

Anna 2/2 (3052KB)

Ovi Store (6371KB)

We need a solution Nokia. 

Counsellor
aashafie

Fortunately I got no problem of updating the last 4 packages. Its done in about 20 mins.

After device updates, I'm shocked to find that I have no office and adobe reader as it is essential for me to read emails.

After browsing the forums I found that there is another update, and switch it on immediately, and 30 mins later horray!

usintheuk

My problem is a little different. I have installed 2/2 OK but 1/2 keeps coming up as failed. As far as I am aware this is the Quick Office that was not included in the original update.

Counsellor
levanin

I think in most cases that's 1/2 which fails. Ovi comes with "package is faulty" error, but when I've cheked - I got internet radio which is part of 2/2 as I know. But when I reboot my phone it says again "phone setup feature not available" and this should be fixed by 1/2 pack... one I still miss.

Advisor
Eoma

I've managed to install Ovi store from a seperate sis file. (2.12.0.42)

So now it's down to anna 1/2 and 2/2. After many retries, fixing QT (the QT files on that site are older - but it prompts the anna 1/2 and 2/2 updates to re-install the QT files again), i'm stuck at :

Anna 1/2 : 1854KB

Anna 2/2: 3052KB

Now using Ovi Suite, the Anna 1/2 downloads a "qtmobility_pu.sis" - QT Mobility 1.01(301) @  1.8MB (the files are located at \\user\\Appdata\\Local\\Nokia\Nokia Ovi Suite\\IAD\\) . I tried copying this and installing manually but no success ("Install Failed"). 

Good thing is the phone works as it should. Haven't run into any errors or "phone feature not supported" messages anymore during startup. 

Advisor
jrgs

This was posted in other thread, it has worked for some ppl, I can't test it myself now, but maybe it is the solution:

Big thanks to user “Unick” on Nokia Support Forums, who posted a working solution to the problem, and there are couple of successful installs reported from the solution.

I just deleted folder E:\Private\20019119\. After that I ran SW update on the phone & it restarted download of Symbian Anna Update 1/2 & 2/2 as well as Social, they  finished updates successfully.
To delete the mentioned folder, follow these simple steps:

• Connect your Nokia N8/C7 in Mass Storage mode to PC via USB cable
• Locate and delete folder named “20019119″ under \Private folder of Mass Storage
• Unplug the device from PC, and retry again. It should work.

Counsellor
dadash_ari

it do all of these too

but still i cant install Symbian Anna update 1/2

Advisor
Eoma

Still the same result after deleting the folder. Both updates still fail. 

Sage
bipul_fx

Ok Guys so I had the same problem and I have figured the issue out.

The Issue is that Qtmobility is conflicting with the already installed latest version that is 1.13 so when this component tries to install you will get "update error" This happen with qtmobility_pu.sis file.

Steps:

First: download these two files below:

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1208/87bc-4d6d-44e0-b6d9/qtmobility.sis

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1209/efdb-69a8-44ce-81c2/qtmobility_pu.sis

Second:

Install qtmobility.sis to Phone memory, This will downgrade QtMobility.

third:

Then go ahead and simply upgrade qtmobility_pu.sis and then check software update. Most probably it will be gone and if not then just click start update for the remaining files to install :smileyhappy:

Flag It!

Advisor
Eoma

Thanks bipul. Works like a charm. :smileyhappy:

Counsellor

bipul_fx wrote:

Ok Guys so I had the same problem and I have figured the issue out.

The Issue is that Qtmobility is conflicting with the already installed latest version that is 1.13 so when this component tries to install you will get "update error" This happen with qtmobility_pu.sis file.

Steps:

First: download these two files below:

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1208/87bc-4d6d-44e0-b6d9/qtmobility.sis

http://download.arrow.nokia.com/p/d/fds_arrow/1108/1209/efdb-69a8-44ce-81c2/qtmobility_pu.sis

Second:

Install qtmobility.sis to Phone memory, This will downgrade QtMobility.

third:

Then go ahead and simply upgrade qtmobility_pu.sis and then check software update. Most probably it will be gone and if not then just click start update for the remaining files to install :smileyhappy:

Flag It!

fixed my problems. (btw, i tried to be brave and skipped step three; seems to have worked, the update is then probably done via anna update 1/2 which finally installs)

Counsellor
Hemant_24

As per your instructions, i have tried the steps explained by you, but while updating via phone it says no updates available and while updating via OVI suite, it says something gone wrong.

Please suggest what to do next.

Proud owner of Nokia N8 with Nokia Belle.
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Sage
bipul_fx

Hemant_24 wrote:

As per your instructions, i have tried the steps explained by you, but while updating via phone it says no updates available and while updating via OVI suite, it says something gone wrong.

Please suggest what to do next.

If it says no updates available that means all the files in the Anna package update is installed. The file in the third steps installed fine?? If yes. Its all good. Dont bother about Ovi suite.

Sage
bipul_fx

benny1967 wrote:

fixed my problems. (btw, i tried to be brave and skipped step three; seems to have worked, the update is then probably done via anna update 1/2 which finally installs)

Thats what the third step do. We can directly install that file or just go to Software update after second step, it does the same :smileyhappy:

Counsellor
Hemant_24

bipul, the 3rd step completed successfully, installed in phone memory, but now i don't have many apps like radio, office, reader so for that symbian anna 1/2 and 2/2 is necessary and from the phone when i tried to install, it says no updates available also while restarting the phone it still says Phone setup : Feature Not Supported.

Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Sage
bipul_fx

Hemant_24 wrote:

bipul, the 3rd step completed successfully, installed in phone memory, but now i don't have many apps like radio, office, reader so for that symbian anna 1/2 and 2/2 is necessary and from the phone when i tried to install, it says no updates available also while restarting the phone it still says Phone setup : Feature Not Supported.

Ok then you need to advance the date to like 30th August. Then check sotware update, it will refresh for update and then just go ahead and install them. Hope this helps. Do revert the date after that :smileywink:

Kiva1956

Thx bipul_fx

Your instructions worked for me. Thanks.

Clearly ppl get different versions of QtMobilitu through different apps - and it somehow troubles the Anna upgrade.

regards
Kiva
Counsellor
Hemant_24

This too didn't helped me... :smileysad:

Is there any way in which i can manually download the file Symbian Anna 1/2 and 2/2 and can install to my phone.

Counsellor
dadash_ari

i do all of these steps too

package 2/2 installed

but still 1/2 i recive faild update

help me some body

Sage
bipul_fx