Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

Counsellor
konne

Bipul..I tried almost all the options. But still I can see Anna (1/2) in Sowftware Updates List of my N8.

Can you please help me out?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sircar_b

Both installed and happy going thereafter!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vasukhanna

Thanx for this discussion and sis files I'll do it & tell u my experience after doing it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
levanin

Glad to see SOLVED mark :smileyhappy:

reh06

I guess that's individual - as people use different applications maybe you still have one - using SSO protocol - thus unable to remove?

Ovi Store should be removed as it causes conflicts with further updates. That's where from I started.

But have you closed all running applications and also removed them from autorun list? Only this case they can be removed after you reboot.

Myself I do have E7 but yesterday I was trying to do this with my friend's phone - N8 but could not. :smileysad: Finally we backup and hard reset. This helped to get 1/2 and 2/2 BUT she was not able to install OVI store. Socially was installed...

Anyhow - I can conform now that hard reset helps to get Anna with both update packs. BUT not all applications are back after you restore.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
alextomlinson

Bipul,

Thanks to you and the other helpful users of this forum, I have managed to FINALLY get my phone so it is at least working after the Anna update.

I had to do a full factory reset *#7370# remove the files as suggested earlier, install Anna (and the 2 Anna updates that it did anyway), and then I have downloaded and installed every file you and others have kindly shared, all the qt stuff on the phone memory, the office file and whatever else gave me the option on the internal memory.

I at last got access to my contacts list and the phone at least now runs, but I am still annoyed that I am getting "system error" on startup, like there's a program or a file missing.

Is there anything else you could suggest that I might still need to install?

Unbranded UK bought direct from Nokia (RM-596 product code 059C5Q5)

Nokia should pay you commission!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileywink:

N8 (059C5Q5) now running Belle V111.030.0609
N8 (059C5Q5) previously running Anna V25.007
Previous [N97, N95 8Gb, N95, N82]

If in doubt, RTFM! (Read The F***ing Manual)
Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

I also got the 1/2 working;

-I dialed the *#7370# code, then to phones Menu-Applications-"SW update"

-Checked the 1/2+2/2+Ovi Store and they downloaded smoothly.

I also have now the CNN and WRC apps I couldn´t have earlier. And the 

phone feels better overall now.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
konne

Finally, I got the Symbian Anna installed on my N8, after restoring factory settings with delete data option. Now that every thing looks fine except normal radio, it's missing. Even I tried a normal reset after this to see whether the software updater shows normal radio application, but no luck. Now, to get the normal radio application, couls anyone guide me, any direct link to download this app?
Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
reh06

levanin.. thanks for the info.. i anyways don't have ovi store since the first time i hard reset the phone.. guess i'll just save the trouble and give the phone to nokia care and ask them to put everything back to the way it was. and yes i'l obviously make a backup. Just hope they do a good job or apologize and give me an N9.. :smileyhappy:.. i can dream rite?..

Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

just as a very brief info: We've just fixed some QT dependancy issues that were the reason why some users (mainly if you have installed Nokia Bubbles or BigScreen that was coming with a certain QT version) could not see or install Symbian Anna 1/2 and 2/2 properly. We are still having some issues with visibility in OviSuite, so please try preferably via Wifi.

pS: Your software update client in your phone as well as the OviSuite client has a 24h cache, meaning if you have been already checking for software updates within the last 24h the client won't connect directly to our servers but just check its cache. For the SW update client on your phone you can clear the cache by just advancing your phone's date to end of the month, for OviSuite unfortunately no quick cache cleaning possible (but you will see the update after 24h).

BR, yvonne

Please use plain text.
pmadusha

Thanks Bipul.

Skipped step3, made no diff i guess.

E7 up and running fine :smileyhappy: Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hello Skyee,
u wrote: "We've just fixed some QT dependancy issues"

will this fix too if on have qt installed by error to mass memory ? I think now the C7 is not faster but slower then before anna.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abhhii

o guys my ana 1/2 and 2/2 package not downloading from ovi suite.. i have to download it from on air

Please use plain text.
Advisor
erikgson

[ Edited ]

Hi Nokia tried every possible way to get the 1/2 update to install but not working. The update is now 9843kb.

Last thing i tried was through the software updater in the phone (ota) WITH the date set forward to the 31 of august but still no success installing. I also tried turning the phone off and on after date change, still no success.

I had Big Screen installed from Nokia Betalabs before the big Anna update. I will try with this removed from the phone and see if it helps.

I miss the adobe reader, quick office and possibly other things as well.

The update made the phone perform better especially the browser, The GPS on MAPS has unfortunately started working slower though (takes forever getting fix)

All in all this is very bad pr for NOKIA!

Im in Sweden,

Thanks for helping out, hope You can work on solving these issues.

/Erik 

MODERATOR'S NOTE: IMEI was removed as it is unwise to publish unique serial numbers on a public web forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
erikgson

Still not working out...tried with the Big Screen application removed, date set forward etc. Still get the same update 1/2 9843kb just failing to load on my N8.What to do????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
konne

Hi Yvonne,

Could you please assist me in getting back normal radio application in my N8. I've lost it as I did a Factory Settings reset with data delete option. Would be great if you can provide a direct link or so.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
alextomlinson

Yvonne,

So would it not have been a good idea to tell people to uninstall all of those programs BEFORE they did the update, rather than thousands of us find out that the hard way that the phone ends up with "system error" messages after it reboots because there are things missing or some "QT dependancy issues"?

Yet again we wait months after you hint at un upcomming update before it actually turns up and YET AGAIN we all are plagued with issues as soon as we do the update.

Some of us are registered as Beta testers with you for a reason! :smileymad:

I have been a loyal Nokia user for over 20 years........and yet this is the way my loyalty is rewarded for spending literally thousands of pounds with you!!!

I've been buying the top end N series phones so that I have the best phone on the market.

It looks like Bill Gates' customer service attitude has truly rubbed off on Nokia.

Why is it down to users like bipul_fx  and others to help us fix our phones?

Why aren't Nokia helping us like he does?

Is that REALLY too much to ask?

ALL WE WANT IS OUR £430 PHONES TO WORK TROUBLE FREE!

N8 (059C5Q5) now running Belle V111.030.0609
N8 (059C5Q5) previously running Anna V25.007
Previous [N97, N95 8Gb, N95, N82]

If in doubt, RTFM! (Read The F***ing Manual)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
levanin

Hey, guys - check Nokia's FB page :smileyhappy:

Forget Anna - Belle is nextdoor I guess. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
gideonfajardo

sir bipul_fx can you help me in my problem i cant install 2/2 i install package 1/2 but i cant install 2/2

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hemant_24

Hi bipul,

The camera application version in my N8 is 9.23(5), i have read in N8 FAN club website that after upgrading OS to ANNA, N8 will be able to capture videos at 30FPS, still the video recording is at 25FPS, any suggesstions what do we need to do, also is it possible to change the audio quality of video recording from MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) to AC3 audio ???

Thanks,

Hemant Unune

Proud owner of Nokia N8 with Nokia Belle.
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Hemant_24 wrote:

Hi bipul,

The camera application version in my N8 is 9.23(5), i have read in N8 FAN club website that after upgrading OS to ANNA, N8 will be able to capture videos at 30FPS, still the video recording is at 25FPS, any suggesstions what do we need to do, also is it possible to change the audio quality of video recording from MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) to AC3 audio ???

Thanks,

Hemant Unune

you can find the camera update at nokia beta labs

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/camera-update

Please use plain text.