Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

Advisor
Horsemonkey
Accepted Solution

Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

[ Edited ]

Hello people. When I try to download and install the two Symbian Anna packages from the phone it always results in "Installation failed".  Likewise, the Ovi Suite allows me to attempt an installation of the two packages, but also invariably fails. 

Is this just due to the servers being  heavily used right now or something else? 

I have got the first Symbian update and have reinstalled it as well to see if that sorted it.

EDIT: My updates are 14 mb and 20 mb, respectively. It does not provide me with anything other than "installation failed" on both platforms.  

Please use plain text.
Koura

Re: Anna package 1/2 & 2/2 error

[ Edited ]

I have same kind of problem.

After update via Ovi Suite, SW was updated to Symbian Anna (022.014). But after reset I found via N8's software update three updates: Symbian Anna update 1/2 (1854 kB), Symbian Anna update 2/2 (3052 kB) and Ovi Store (3403 kB). Later I found them from Ovi Suite. Installations of these updates are failed due to error "update packets are faulty" (or damaged - something like that, translation from finnish).

Please use plain text.
girish80102

Hello people. When I try to download and install the two Symbian Anna packages from the phone it always results in "Installation failed". Likewise, the Ovi Suite allows me to attempt an installation of the two packages, but also invariably fails. Is this just due to the servers being heavily used right now or something else? I have got the first Symbian update and have reinstalled it as well to see if that sorted it. EDIT: My updates are 14 mb and 20 mb, respectively. It does not provide me with anything other than "installation failed" on both platforms.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ashishm17

any1 found a solution to this problem? please help

Please use plain text.
Professor
matt_t

I had the same problem too.

I rebooted the phone and made sure only the 2 Anna updates were selected in Ovi Suite (ie unselected the others in the section below, like Store and Social) and the update installed fine then.  

Nokia N8 on O2-UK
Firmware 022.014
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shadowfang28

got the same problem here, iI already uncheck the social, NFC & ovi store but no luck any help guys??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Horsemonkey

[ Edited ]

Matt:

That does not alleviate the problem for me, unfortunately. It goes from "Downloading xxxxx", then switches to "Installing xxxxx" a second later, then proceeds with 2/2 and both fail. It's a terrible shame!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Exact same problem for me...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jrgs

I have attached a picture with is an error, that I get, when I try to install these 2 Anna updates. I tried to reset phone for a few time, but it always fails to install updates. I alos tried to install it OTA, the same error comes up. I have phone with changed motherboard. Product code - 059B288. Has anyone got any ideas, what to do?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rjunchaya

Hi all

I've run into the same problem. I installed Anna OTA and then tried to install the two updates. They downloaded but failed to install. Ovi Suite was unavailable, but later I tried to download the same files thru there. It seem that Ovi Suite finds the "corrupted" filesin the phone and is actually not downloading them again, and, of course, the installation fails again. Maybe, if there's a way to erase those corrupted files from the N8 there'd be a chance to update thru Ovi. BTW, I managed to reinstall Anna from Ovi, but the problem with the upgrades continues

Rafael J

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes again same problem... And no working solution... We need help from an expert...

Please use plain text.

I have exactly the same problem, please help!

After I installed the main update, the phone rebooted but during boot it came up with an error about setup wizard (i think). Then the ovi suite wizard said it was finished so I unplugged my phone.

I rebooted a few times and still got the error on boot. Eventually after 3 or 4 reboots, it launched the "log in to ovi" wizard during boot. I completed this but it didn't make any difference.

I've removed any applications that might have been causing trouble (swype, situations etc.) and have now done a reinstall using ovi suite.

It's not made a difference!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BrianF123

[ Edited ]

had exactly the same issue when trying to update my software for my N8, I just kept on retrying (each time it loaded a little more) so after about the 5th attempt it was completed. I now have Anna fully installed and look forward to using it over the coming weeks :smileyhappy:

PS:- Make sure you close all other application windows on your computer and turn firewall/anti-virus software off!

Please use plain text.
Sage

Does anyone know what these 2 packages contain? And do you have to have Anna installed to get them? 

I am running the leaked Chinese version. So, I was scratching my head when I saw those 2 updates, but no firmware update for my model number via *#0000#. 

I also noticed that the Social was .237, when the version included in the leaked version was .227. 

In any case, both parts of the update went fine.

Since the version now released is 22.014, which is the same as the leaked version, what is the compile date of the actual released version?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

i have the same issue with update 1 and 2!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Horsemonkey

It was from the Software Updater and not the Device Updater. Basically it contains some application updates and so on. From what I understand you won't have the full Anna without these two, and they are labeled as "required" and "important" respectively. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MoonBL

I am experiencing similar probs but I did manage to go pass the inital 20+ mb update (which boots to a white screen), then 4 more updates become available- 

1) Symbian Anna 1/2 (i think it was 20+ mb)

2) Symbian Anna 2/2 (around 10+ mb)

3) Store

4) Social

When finished only the last three was reported ok. Symbian Anna 1/2 has error, but still available in SW update as a (7166 kb) file. So I update it but it keeps saying error with no error codes or any indication of what type of error. I rebooted the phone still the same thing. On my N8 in Malaysia. Anyone got a  clue how to solve all these? I am just one step away from the factory reset (or 3 finger salute)..

Oh, btw, no split screen for me and all my quickoffice and Adobe reader is gone. 

Please use plain text.
UniCargo

Okay, Sorry for my bad english but I will try to help you guys out. I have the same problem but when i tried to connect my N8 phone to PC and update from ovi suite. In softwear updates window show yours Nokia Ovi suite Softwear version and down under will show yours phone softwear version and you see the green text " reinstall it ". I tried reinstall it and download update again ... it work for me. Try it

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cwaijin

I'm having the same problem as well with my N8. After updated the symbian anna,everything goes well. Until It restarted just to refresh the phone,i went into software update and it appeared to still have the 2 updates. 1 is Symbian Anna update 1/2 and another is Symbian Anna update 2/2 with Requitred(1854kb) and Important (3052kb) respectively. Once I update it,at the end of the installation,it will appear 2 updates failed. What is the problem here? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DoomerX

I've got the same problem with you, after the updates it still shows Symbian Anna 1/2 (7166kb) in SW update which i think it is quickoffice app as i got my Adobe LE back but unable to install quickoffice.
Please use plain text.